Coke Blak is BACK!

Mike

Coke Blak is BACK!

Post by Mike »

I doubt that anyone else cares, but... Coke Blak is back! I didn't dare to hope, but it tastes exactly like it did 12 years ago. They didn't change the formula at all. So freaky good.

Okay, officially the beverage was Coca-Cola BlāK here in the states, and they sold it in 8oz glass bottles. They discontinued it here in 2008 but kept selling it in Europe. Now it's Coca-Cola with Coffee and it comes in several flavors in tall 12oz cans. But it tastes just like it did back then, and it's in my local grocery! Hot damn!

It really is just Coke with coffee. It has more caffeine than Coke, not as much as coffee. And I love it. The rush of nostalgia I felt just now as I sipped my first can of it was well worth whatever I paid for it.

It's coffee-flavored Coke... or Coke-flavored coffee... whatever, it's fantastic!
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Eliahad

Re: Coke Blak is BACK!

Post by Eliahad »

I both want to try this... And I am also incredibly skeptical... Mainly I'm happy for you!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

My heavens, I recoil inside my very flesh. But never say never.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I was also skeptical way back when I first tried it, but it's not that odd. I like iced coffee. I like vanilla-flavored iced coffee. I like caramel-flavored iced coffee. People like it with chocolate and hazelnut and mint and a million other flavors. So looking back on it now, cola-flavored iced coffee doesn't seem so weird. And carbonation just makes it even better.

Give it a shot... you may hate it, but you may not.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

That's the thing. In the realm of "cocktail mixtures" a lot of weird things turn out well, and this is in that realm. It's like some drink with Kahlua and whatnot and coke - maybe that's good, right? I prefer my coke with Jack or the Captain, and my coffee with Milk, but you never know. Pork livers in pate with ketchup are good. A lot of things can happen.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Okay. The zero-sugar version is lacking. Not just lacking... it's bad. In fact, so bad, that I may just skip the zero-sugar vanilla version.

And here's the thing. The "regular" version only has 70 calories per can, so it actually is sweetened with a mix of sugar (probably corn syrup) and artificial sweeteners. So it's already "half-diet". But apparently, going full diet ruins it.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Why would you put that poison in your body?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Kyle wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:38 am Why would you put that poison in your body?
Cuz it tastes good. And I like caffeine. And I'm gonna live forever.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Whenever I see my kids with an energy drink or coffee I ask why they would put that poison in their bodies. I've been smugly asking the question since the second day after I quit caffeine.
Mike

Post by Mike »

But that's the same thing you say to them when you see them eating Italian cream cake.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Mike wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:49 pm But that's the same thing you say to them when you see them eating Italian cream cake.
Dead to me.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Kyle wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:59 pm
Mike wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:49 pm But that's the same thing you say to them when you see them eating Italian cream cake.
Dead to me.
Hey. It's not your fault.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Mike wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:08 pm
Kyle wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:59 pm
Dead to me.
Hey. It's not your fault.
I know.