Conway Problems

Phoebe

Conway Problems

Post by Phoebe »

Don't hate me for my hot take du jour, because I'm really trying hard to separate my personal dislike for these adults from judgment about the issue. As a human who has witnessed a number of crazy abusive people in action, I nevertheless believe Claudia Conway is also capable of taking/editing video out of context and posting it in a way that advances interests we don't quite understand from our point of view. We do know those videos are edited, and I don't blame a teenager in her position for trying to edit the videos in a way that is favorable to her, but it does mean they need to be taken with a bigger grain of salt than they currently are. Maybe she is a physically and emotionally abused child who needs to be rescued from crazy parents, but maybe her parents are separating and have been screaming things at each other that she has recorded and presented as if they were all directed at her. Some of them actually sound more like that, when you weigh the possibilities - it sounds like KellyAnne could just as well be cussing out George in the background. I'm not saying that's what's happening, but we really don't know, and the rush to get police involved and blame one person for this... I'm just a little cautious about that, given the family histories I've seen play out before my eyes in life. What also bothers me about this situation is that Claudia has said in her videos, straight up, that her dad physically abused her. Yet I barely see him mentioned and instead people are directing enormous ire at KellyAnne. That's weird. It does seem a lot like politics are causing people to ignore his part in all this and focus only on the mom. But it seems like whatever's happening there, it's a whole bad group dynamic. It doesn't surprise me that someone so willing to lie and debase herself and gaslight the American people does the same thing in her personal life, but I feel very uncomfortable with the way this is being made public and dissected. A lot of things about the situation just don't add up to 100.
Phoebe

Re: Conway Problems

Post by Phoebe »

And now that we found out Claudia Conway is going to be on American idol or whatever it is, the voice or something, I reflect with some cynicism on this previous comment. How sad that I have learned to be so cynical in evaluating abuse claims from public figures, and how sad that the cynicism occasionally proves to be warranted. Very likely she is abused in some way for all I know, but now we know whatever b******* they're putting on social media is also b******* designed to sell her appearance on TV so... I do stand by the claim that both those parents are creeps. In this case the enemy of my enemy is not harmless and the other one just is the enemy.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

No doubt she asked her parents if she could audition and they were like "$$$$$$$$$$$$ yes please"
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

These people are so gross to me. Their values are, as far as I can tell, pretty much the opposite of mine.