Biden

FlameBlade

Biden

Post by FlameBlade »

Biden just became 46th president. Let's see how long this thread goes on... (My guess, not very.)
Phoebe

Re: Biden

Post by Phoebe »

Hopefully very long because filled with all the good stuff that is going to happen. Please!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Arctic national refuge drilling stopped, keystone XL stopped, various bad people ejected from their positions where they were doing harm, back into the Paris agreement, back to WHO, listening to actual damn scientists for a change. It's all so much good. Press secretaries giving normal press conferences with information. It's amazing how normal that used to seem until it was suddenly gone.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Oooooohhhh the massive sense of relief is palpable! Thank you. Finally. I can breathe out.

Orders to find those missing children. Orders to investigate Russia's b*******. Student loan freezes during the pandemic. I can't even keep up with all the good stuff happening. It's extremely reassuring. Maybe it is not healthy to require reassurance, but at this point I'll take whatever I can get and not ask questions.
Last edited by Phoebe on Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Paging through Biden latest headline that reads "imperative to end suffering". I know dude is not going to be able to suddenly end suffering, nor does that mean he would choose the right policies to get the job done, but my goodness what a change in orientation. Government that isn't focused on destroying itself from within, but actually trying to solve something usefully. We can debate later which things are the proper province of solutions from the government; it's the mere desire to offer them that shocks at this point!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

In theory, a lot of people are going to be shocked to discover that there is a keystone oil pipeline currently in operation, much less that it just made a nasty leak atop the waters. This fact was causing some confusion already this morning on the news.