Letterkenny

Kyle

Letterkenny

Post by Kyle »

So confession time. A bunch of folks have told me I should watch this because it's great and my type of humor. But when this was happening was the same time that Netflix was really pushing Trailer Park Boys, which I understand to be a different "weird Canadians" comedy. So in my mind, these were one and the same show for some reason. So when someone recommended Letterkenny, my mind saw that weirdo goggle-eyed dude that stars in Trailer Park Boys and I thought "Hard no."

Finally my daughter begged me to try it, so last Saturday I watched the first two episodes. I realized my mistake, but didn't realize it was Trailer Park Boys I was confusing it with until today (which still looks awful to me). In the last week I've binged the first five seasons, and will probably finish through Season 9 in the next week. Pitter patter.
Kyle

Re: Letterkenny

Post by Kyle »

Also- if something ever happened to my wife (God forbid), then I desperately want to marry Bonnie McMurray.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Also- am I the only one that thinks that Stewart looks like a young Tom Cruise? Like… he really looks like Tom Cruise.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Also- my oldest daughter and I are getting matching Pitter Patter tattoos.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Kyle wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:21 pm Also- am I the only one that thinks that Stewart looks like a young Tom Cruise? Like… he really looks like Tom Cruise.
Now that you say it... yeah, I see it.

I don't know what season it happens in, but at some point, Stewart gets buff as shit. Dude's hot
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Kyle wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:20 pm Also- if something ever happened to my wife (God forbid), then I desperately want to marry Bonnie McMurray.
Bonnie McMurray...
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

The end of Season 8 coupled with the opening of Season 9 was cool as shit, but still emblematic of the entire "damsel problem" that plagues this show.

More importantly, quite randomly, I came across this old video of IRL skids dancing under a bridge.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oh wait... you're talking about Letterkenny. I thought you meant Trailer Park Boys. You should watch Trailer Park Boys.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

In under two weeks I watched all of Letterkenny. Now I'm sad.

But I did it all in this weird time when most of my family was gone during a cross-country trip. So it will always remind me of one of those encapsulated moments of the past. That's kind of cool.