Hats

Phoebe

Hats

Post by Phoebe »

Do you wear a hat? If so what sort of hat and on what occasions? I am a fan of hats and especially nice gentlemen's hats, though mostly one does not see these nowadays. I wish I could wear hats more often, but in summer I go out in the yard while forgetting to put on my sun hat, and I don't dress nicely enough to make a fancy hat look anything but ridiculous. In winter I wear a knit/crocheted fuzzy cap almost always.
Tahlvin

Re: Hats

Post by Tahlvin »

I have a few ivy caps (or scally caps, flat caps, driving caps) that I wear sometimes. One is lightweight, and I'll wear it for protection from the sun if I'm going to be outside for long periods of time. A few of the others are wool with a silk lining, and I wear those from late fall through early spring if I'm going somewhere, it's cold outside, and I'm just going to be outside between the car and whatever building I'm going to, just to avoid excessive heat loss through my bald spot.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I have a single hat because it's so hard to find hats that fit my large skull (I wear a size 8, which is not sold in normal retail stores, and most "adjustable" hats won't fit). I found a single hat to fit my head in Breckinridge, which was necessary because I had "camping hair" and the beanie I was wearing was too damn hot. So this is my only hat:
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

WAIT! I forgot that last year I started a tradition at the ACL Fest that I'd wear a shitty straw hat every year! (It's so hot and sweaty that the thing is ruined by the end of the weekend.) But I already bought my hat for this year! A straw fedora!