Movies in the Theatre

Phoebe

Movies in the Theatre

Post by Phoebe »

Some people going to movies in the theatre again? How has it been? Sparsely populated? Normal crowds?
I have a craving to do this in the post-vaccine period but not sure I trust the other humans.
What is worth seeing in a theatre these days? Did all the movies just stop for a year? I don't even know.
bralbovsky

Re: Movies in the Theatre

Post by bralbovsky »

The last thing I saw in a theater was "Onward." Cute, just before the world slid off the table. Very thin attendance.
Zero temptation to return, given the prevalence of stupidity and malice. Also, few selections really piqued interest.
Had mostly been sticking to the Movie Tavern, which is pretty distant to begin with, but also had been looking for the $5 movie days.
So until they return, I'm unlikely to even look.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I have no hesitancy to going to a theater because I'm fully vaccinated. I don't really care if others in the theater are vaccinated or not. I also don't care if it's crowded-- or at least any more than I care pre-pandemic.

Are you fully vaccinated?
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I am but kids either aren't yet or cannot be, but more importantly we have many contacts with people who can't be vaccinated or remain vulnerable even when vaccinated. A lot of issues that aren't worth risking it for a movie, but if it wasn't crowded and those of us going are vaccinated, maybe the risk is minimal? We have eaten on the patio at restaurants now, which I was comfortable with, but the husband wants to go indoors at various restaurants and I'm not sure how I feel about all that. The end of the school year when people were trying to have events again has been rather exhausting, because we tried going to things in person since we had been vaccinated, but other people behave abominably and we know that most of them aren't vaccinated, so here we are. It's extremely frustrating. I'm trying to keep it in perspective, given that things here are now so much better than they are elsewhere. It really upsets me that we have so much access to vaccines compared to the rest of the world and people aren't taking them.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Well I think it’s a no brained that you shouldn’t go to indoor potentially crowded events if you think it will expose someone to Covid. My circumstances are different, so it’s not a concern for me. But you probably shouldn’t go.