Work Travel

Phoebe

Work Travel

Post by Phoebe »

At what point do you think it would feel sane or reasonable to you to get on a plane? I've got people trying to make plans for me to get on a plane. Today is not a good day for such ideas but let's pretend that it was. When will you feel comfortable flying or under what conditions? I'm still not comfortable going to the grocery store even when I'm desperate and part vaccinated and fully double masked, so I'm probably not a good test case for this inquiry.
Kyle

Re: Work Travel

Post by Kyle »

I'm getting my first shot today. I'm three months out from recovering from Covid. Which means in two weeks, my immunity will be far higher than people who never had Covid but are fully immunized. At that point (two weeks from today), I'll feel comfortable doing anything.

Unless of course we discover that there are variants that we don't have immunities to- but I'm not concerned about that now.

If you're two weeks past your second shot and never had Covid, I would feel safe doing anything.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Being fully vaccinated, with enough time to build up to maximum to maximum immunity, would be my requirement. And even then, I would still wear a mask while in the airport and on the plane.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Tahlvin wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:47 am Being fully vaccinated, with enough time to build up to maximum to maximum immunity, would be my requirement. And even then, I would still wear a mask while in the airport and on the plane.
Yeah- I should add that to my answer- I'd still wear a mask in public/shared spaces.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

So by mask I assume you mean a normal mask and not a gas mask and hazmat suit, which will make things a little bit awkward on the work trip. But then being around people is apt to make things a little bit awkward. I am concerned that I am no longer able to fulfill my duties in the way that other people will expect, because I do not wish to go among them, nor do I wish to speak with them, and least of all pretend to speak with them in a nonsense manner that is not essential for work even though we all are involved in some sort of joint hallucinatory pretext that such interactions are important. Have we learned nothing? Very few of these interactions are important. Please allow me to only interact with the interactions needed. These extroverts are chomping at the bit to get back together with other people. I can't go back to this world of extraversion, can't do it y'all. Most people in this house appear to be strongly energized by human contact outside of the household. Two of us prefer to hide in our room with a pet for company, and occasionally chat with one another in soft tones.

Sorry got distracted from the topic. I'm feeling okay about the occasional brief trip to a large grocery store where there's a lot of indoor space and not much crowding. I have been going to the big hardware store where much of the area is outside anyway. The more we get boxed into an enclosed space the worse it is. Being boxed in with people at the doctor's office was unpleasant. Being trapped in the middle tube of an airplane, or in hotel spaces or restaurants... All of these staples of the work trip. I do not deserve them. Haha that was supposed to say desire but the vtt has had its enjoyment now
bralbovsky

Post by bralbovsky »

September, I hope to fly to China, assuming we're still speaking. Masked, because I'll likely need one for China regardless, and because there are too many stupid people still alive.