Worthy of Note

Phoebe

Worthy of Note

Post by Phoebe »

From Merriam-Webster:
"Sometimes the pig is happy in mud, and sometimes it is muck that brings joy to the porcine heart. In the 1860s it was common to see happy as a pig in clover, or happy as a pig in a puddle. The important thing is, should you have a pig, that you figure out what causes this happiness, and then work to procure it."
Mike

Re: Worthy of Note

Post by Mike »

Happy as a pig in slop.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

procure joy to your inner pig
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Mike wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 pm Happy as a pig in slop.
That's the one I hear most often - along with $#!& - which implies that slop is what brings joy to the pig's heart. I guess it depends what's in the slop?

We also hear things like happier than a Corgi on stilts or a camel on hump day. These innovations are intriguing, and yet I think Corgis really don't care about being taller and given their purpose as herding dogs are served quite well by being low to the ground. If the joy of a Corgi is successfully herding livestock, it's going to be useless on stilts and maybe even kicked in the head. Where's the delight in that? The camel on hump day is a little more puzzling. This could go a lot of directions.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

A camel on hump day, I believe, comes from a Geico or Progressive ad where there is a camel walking around an office saying, "it's hump day." I don't feel like looking up the origin beyond that, but I think someone thought they were funny, and Geico ads are ubiquitous enough to permeate the consciousness.