Crisis in Gaza

Mike

Crisis in Gaza

Post by Mike »

The Biden administration is continuing to take carefully small steps in the right direction while also trying to continue assisting Israel.

At the same time, Lindsey Graham said the following, out loud in front of cameras, on NBC news:
When we were faced with destruction as a nation after Pearl Harbour, fighting the Germans and the Japanese, we decided to end the war by bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki with nuclear weapons. That was the right decision.

Give Israel the bombs they need to end the war they can’t afford to lose, and work with them to minimise casualties.

Why is it okay for America to drop two nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki to end their existential threat war? Why was it okay for us to do that? I thought it was okay. So, Israel, do whatever you have to do to survive as a Jewish state.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Phoebe

Re: Crisis in Gaza

Post by Phoebe »

There are so many different stories happening all at once... This one caught my eye though:
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 024-05-28/

Apparently we're supposed to believe that bad weather caused this problem that just so happens to be interrupting a major flow of food aid right at the time the Rafah offensive has moved into full swing. Life is weird and bad coincidences do happen. The fact that it's realistic Israel could have sabotaged the food operation deliberately is just horrifying beyond belief. What the hell is going on with people?
Phoebe

Re: Crisis in Gaza

Post by Phoebe »

Did anybody else get some kind of warning about significantly ramped up protest activity in the next month? I found that very strange and concerning. I figured protest would be going on pretty much as expected and as they had been. I don't know why all of a sudden we get a big warning about it... The implication was almost as if they anticipate that police will be needed to break up these protests and so people need to be warned off them. That just seems very inappropriate to me.