The conservative war on women/minorities/LGBTQIA+

Kyle

The conservative war on women/minorities/LGBTQIA+

Post by Kyle »

Just more evidence that it's become acceptable again to vilify minority groups and extremely qualified individuals for promoting diversity- even when that has nothing to do with their hiring.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/07/11 ... ournalism/
Phoebe

Re: The conservative war on women/minorities/LGBTQIA+

Post by Phoebe »

I had not heard this story yet and it disgusts me fully. This is exactly what we see now: the big fat lie that "DEI" is about race quotas, and that opposition to "DEI" is not about pure, nasty old racism repackaged in yet another iteration.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Here's one they should have illustrated with a cartoon picture of someone slapping themselves or stepping on a rake. Imagine if your "God given talent" was "professional liar trying to deprive kids of better computer science training". What a life.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 415039007/
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Disgusting. Did you read about the protests because an Italian judge dismissed charges against a home supervisor that sexually assaulted a minor resident by coming up behind her and sticking his hands inside his underwear and fondling her? The judge said it was clearly a joke and lasted under 10 seconds, so it wasn't sexual assault.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I totally missed this. I'm sorry to say this does not surprise me in the least, not only that it happened but that it would be excused like this in that area of the world. Way too much unwanted touching going on generally, and I do mean assault touching and not friendly hugs.