Get Your Colonoscopy!

Kyle

Get Your Colonoscopy!

Post by Kyle »

Hey you! Get your colonoscopy!

I had one at the end of June. Because I'm celiac, I'm at high risk of having colon issues and colon cancer. So when they did my colonoscopy, they had to excise several polyps, including a huge one that was 2.5 cm- which is really big. The big polyp was precancerous and fast growing, which meant if I didn't have my colonoscopy, it could have turned into cancer and killed me in several years. But here's the good news- that didn't happen! They cut it out and today I went back for a three month check up to make sure it didn't recur. And it didn't! Here's a picture of my colon- CLEAN AS A WHISTLE!

In all seriousness, I understand that everyone is squeamish about getting a colonoscopy, but it was no big deal. And it actually probably saved me from an early death. So go do get one. Most insurance covers the cost of a preventative colonoscopy- so there's no reason not to do it.
Tahlvin

Re: Get Your Colonoscopy!

Post by Tahlvin »

I get mine next Monday.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Timely reminder, thank you. Honestly I have been reluctant to do this because my last experience observing it with someone else is that they got really sick afterward with horrible vomiting and nearly had to be hospitalized. It actually scared me and I was lagging on making the appt. But cancer is way scarier, no? Need all these shots too. Sigh, need time.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Got my flu shot and COVID booster yesterday afternoon. Colonoscopy on Monday. Life is good.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Phoebe wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:23 pm Timely reminder, thank you. Honestly I have been reluctant to do this because my last experience observing it with someone else is that they got really sick afterward with horrible vomiting and nearly had to be hospitalized. It actually scared me and I was lagging on making the appt. But cancer is way scarier, no? Need all these shots too. Sigh, need time.
I had none of that. My only side effect is that the anesthesia leaves me a little groggy for several hours. Thats it.
zen

Post by zen »

I just had my 5-year reaming a few weeks ago... I don't even remember waking up and not feeling pain. So sad... it's the only time I get the really good stuff...