What are the Odds? The Mike Lindell Memoir

Kyle

What are the Odds? The Mike Lindell Memoir

Post by Kyle »

Similar to when I posted my experience reading the John Oates memoir, Change of Seasons, I'm going to be doing the same thing with the Mike Lindell memoir.

Apparently whenever you order a MyPillow, you get a free copy of Mike Lindell's autobiography What are the Odds? From Crack Addict to CEO. I would never order a MyPillow, but my coworker loves them and has made several orders for them for her family. The problem for her is that they don't let you opt-out of getting the free book- they just send it to you. Fortunately for you, when she told me about this and just having to throw them away, I said, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. I would love to have a free copy of this book." And so she brought it to me. And soon I will regale you with the epic story that is Mike Lindell's transformation from crack addict to crack pot.

First impressions: I can't do this justice, y'all. The front cover (and back) has one of those pictures that when you tilt it, it becomes another picture. So when you look at it, you see "crack addict" Mike and when you tilt it you see "current Mike." The difference isn't as stark as I think Mike wants us to think. The book also looks to be well made (for a paperback) with many color picture inserts in the middle. This was not a cheap book to produce, much less to give away free with every pillow order.
Phoebe

Re: What are the Odds? The Mike Lindell Memoir

Post by Phoebe »

I'm enraged already because somehow I owned a mypillow without having the book. I don't know who bought the pillow, as it wasn't me. I do feel cheated. The pillow sucked so badly I can't describe and we threw it away.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I can't do it. It's that bad and self-aggrandizing. I can't commit to this. I'm out. But I've found a better alternative that I'll post up separately.
Mike

Post by Mike »

That's what happened with me and Steven Seagal. It was so bad that the opportunity cost of reading it was not outweighed by the little fun I'd have in critiquing it to others.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Mike wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:59 am That's what happened with me and Steven Seagal. It was so bad that the opportunity cost of reading it was not outweighed by the little fun I'd have in critiquing it to others.
Yeah- it would really carve out a chunk of my soul to read this whole thing. You made the right decision.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I'm interested in your armchair diagnosis though: is he one of the self-aggrandizing narcissists who somehow sees Trump in the mirror, decides that it is good, and then loyally fights for Trump to the finish as if somehow the narcissist feelings had been transferred to this other person? That's how it is with a couple people I know and it seems like it could be that way with Lindell. Or is he a conspiracy theory loving rube who somehow thinks of Trump as his own wacky kind of businessman and is finding ad hoc explanations to cast off every possible criticism of trump? Probably goes without saying I know a lot of people in this category as well - every time they come to an awareness that one of their beliefs is stupid or false they have this magical ability to decide that the criticism itself was the problem and that these types of criticisms are the only reason people don't love Trump.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

None of that. It was poorly written and started to glorify his "bad" years. I didn't get more than twenty minutes in and decided to quit. He's a goob.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

This just raises more questions: what bad s*** did he do in his bad years to make them bad? I don't want to have to Google this because it's going to taint my results for the next month.