Reoccurring Searches

poorpete

Reoccurring Searches

Post by poorpete »

Do y'all have any reocurring things you search for every few weeks or months. I have two that comes to mind

Every few months I search too see if there's any plans on releasing the Big Boi and Kate Bush collaboration. They met a decade ago, recorded it years ago, and since 2021 Big Boi has said it's ready to go and he's just holding it. The thought with her big revival last year he'd drop it but no. The iron was hot! Alas.

https://djmag.com/news/outkasts-big-boi ... t-together
poorpete

Re: Reoccurring Searches

Post by poorpete »

Every few months I search to see if Jay Johnston has been seen/heard/arrested. He was a sketch comedian on Mr. Show and the Sarah Silverman Show and Jimmy Pesto Senior on Bob's Burgers, but also also he is also an Insurrectionalist who was at The Capitol on January 6th.

https://www.avclub.com/jay-johnston-rep ... 1848236327
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Holy shit. I thought Jay Johnston was hysterical, but now... hmmm. That's kind of a deal breaker.

However, can we all agree that a Big Boi/Kate Bush collab would be mindblowing? Speakerboxxx/The Love Below is a masterpiece of pop music. Hey Ya! is one of the greatest pieces of pop ever written. And while Andre 3000 gets most of the credit for his half of the double album (deservedly so), I think that Speakerboxxx was so overlooked and is also brilliant.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

Agreed, as a white indie music nerd, Love Below was the entry point, but after a dozen listens, Speakerboxxx sneaks up on ya.

Love this one
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I'm a Stankonia gal myself. The foot move at about 2:44 just about kills me, I'm stabbed in the gut, it's hilarious but also spectacular. Astrology is bs but yet again, here's what it is to be an Aquarius. He's like a green-suited, fur-coated Mozart (another Aquarius). Mr. Patton also voted for Gary Johnson, supposedly. He is a dog breeder now.