Heroes

Akiva

Heroes

Post by Akiva »

According to a training video we had to watch today, Social Studies teachers are heroes. I think he may have said that we're the greatest heroes in American history. Or maybe that's just me. Either way, I expect you to treat me as the greatest hero EVER.

Just so you know.
Reel on a repeating loop
Mike

Re: Heroes

Post by Mike »

Akiva! Lex Luthor is using his vast satellite array to divert the sun's energy towards his moon base, thus causing a climate calamity while at the same time giving him a monopoly on solar energy! Please akiva! You're our only hope!
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Akiva! Donald Trump is using his vast satellite array of conservative news stations to divert attention from the truth about the election to misinformation and lies! Please akiva! You're our only hope!
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

Mike wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:17 pm Akiva! Lex Luthor is using his vast satellite array to divert the sun's energy towards his moon base, thus causing a climate calamity while at the same time giving him a monopoly on solar energy! Please akiva! You're our only hope!
I'm a *Marvel* hero; I don't respond to DC villains.
Reel on a repeating loop
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

Kyle wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:36 pm Akiva! Donald Trump is using his vast satellite array of conservative news stations to divert attention from the truth about the election to misinformation and lies! Please akiva! You're our only hope!
I'm on it! Teaching power commence . . . Crap, it didn't work.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Akiva, some of our family members do not want COVID vaccine because they have been brainwashed by a cult into thinking that science is a lie. HELP!
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

Phoebe wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:54 pm Akiva, some of our family members do not want COVID vaccine because they have been brainwashed by a cult into thinking that science is a lie. HELP!
My archenemy--Irrationalism! Trying . . . trying . . . use my powers of persuasion and . . . and . . . logic . . . no use! . . . irrationalism too strong . . .
Reel on a repeating loop
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

I'm beginning to think that video lied to me.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

It didn't lie; it's just that the enemy is strong and hard to combat through videoconferences and the internet.
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

Phoebe wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:31 am It didn't lie; it's just that the enemy is strong and hard to combat through videoconferences and the internet.
Maybe my archenemy is actually Zoom . . .
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Weirdly I like zoom, but not because it's your arch enemy. I just like the fact that it works and I can do things with it - in the past so much failure has occurred with all sorts of technologies in this zone - I feared I wouldn't be able to do things with it. I struggle in the same way that a person who can't type is trying to hunt and peck, but it is doable.

Anyway I'm losing sight of the important thing here: I'm too busy with work to order Christmas presents and now none of them will get here in time because of the giant package pile up. Akiva, nobody can get their packages! Do something!
Stan

Post by Stan »

Tell them that the true spirit of Christmas is love and empathy. If you do it right you can guilt them into shame of their materialistic greed. Then you won't have to buy presents and can keep all the money to buy yourself stuff.
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

I am so damned sick of everyone asking me to fix their problems. Do it yourself!!!!
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I love how these are almost two sides of the same solution coin, one requiring skillful manipulation or persuasion, and the other getting right down to brass tacks. It's like when you go for advice to the great sage on the hill, who first tells you that you should have figured it out for yourself if you had any talent whatsoever, and secondly hits you with a stick until you leave the hill. This is the kind of advice I like!
Mando

Post by Mando »

"Show me a hero and I'll prove he's a bum." - Major "Pappy" Boyington Commander of the Black Sheep Squadron
"Yay! I'm for the other team."
Mike

Post by Mike »

"Show me a hero and I'll prove he's a bum. Except for Chris Hemsworth. I mean seriously, have you seen this guy? Is there anything he's NOT great at? I bet even his boogers taste like cornflakes." - Major "Pappy" Boyington Commander of the Black Sheep Squadron (paraphrasing Leslie Jones at the end there)
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I have other things I need Akiva to solve, but now that you've mentioned dried snot, how do we go forward? Why do kids put their dried snot on the wall? Maybe that's one of the things Akiva can solve.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Akiva, I need about 2 more hours in every day to get things done, but I already don't sleep enough as is! Help!!!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Eliahad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:37 am Akiva, I need about 2 more hours in every day to get things done, but I already don't sleep enough as is! Help!!!
Mando

Post by Mando »

Wecould be heroes but my experience is that they don't last long in a fire fight.
Mando

Post by Mando »

We could be heroes but my experience is that they don't last long in a fire fight.
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

We could be heroes just for one day.
Reel on a repeating loop
Mike

Post by Mike »

I don't know. I feel like any day that you do something selfless, you are a hero. Lift someone else up for no other reason than it's the right thing to do. Strive to make the world better, even if you fall short. You don't have to be perfect to be worthy. But you do have to try.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Hear, hear. We have to keep chipping away at this thing with whatever tools we have.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

What does that make us?
Big damn heroes, sir.
Ain't we just.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ain't we just.