Superhero Tournament

Kyle

Superhero Tournament

Post by Kyle »

I asked Chat GPT to create a bracket tournament of superheroes. I want to discuss each one and decide who would win in a fight between them.

Here's what Chat GPT gave me:
WINNERS IN BOLD

Round 1:
1. Spider-Man vs. 16. Hawkeye
2. Wonder Woman vs. 15. Black Widow
3. Iron Man vs. 14. Deadpool
4. Superman vs. 13. Wolverine
5. Batman vs. 12. Captain America
6. Thor vs. 11. Hulk
7. The Flash vs. 10. Doctor Strange
8. Captain Marvel vs. 9. Black Panther

Round 2:

Spider-Man/Hawkeye winner vs. Captain Marvel/Black Panther winner
Wonder Woman/Black Widow winner vs. The Flash/Doctor Strange winner
Iron Man/Deadpool winner vs. Thor/Hulk winner
Superman/Wolverine winner vs. Batman/Captain America winner

Round 3 (Semifinals):

Spider-Man/Hawkeye/Captain Marvel/Black Panther winner vs. Superman/Wolverine/Batman/Captain America winner
Wonder Woman/Black Widow/The Flash/Doctor Strange winner vs. Iron Man/Deadpool/Thor/Hulk winner

Round 4 (Finals):

Spider-Man/Hawkeye/Captain Marvel/Black Panther/Superman/Wolverine/Batman/Captain America winner vs. Wonder Woman/Black Widow/The Flash/Doctor Strange/Iron Man/Deadpool/Thor/Hulk winner
So let's do this. We'll keep it all in this thread, and I'll update this post with results as we come to conclusions.
Kyle

Re: Superhero Tournament

Post by Kyle »

Fight 1: #1 Spiderman vs. #16 Hawkeye- Who will win? One has webs, the proportionate strength of a spider and a weird invulnerability where he's not killed even though he's thrown through a brick wall. Hawkeye has arrows. Lots of different kinds of arrows. He's like Batman, but just arrows.

WHO WINS?
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Spiderman.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I figure that's the prevailing attitude, but hear me out. Spidey is rash. He's young. He's inexperienced. Hawkeye is the exact opposite of all of those things. If it was just pitting power versus power, then there's no discussion here. But are you SURE it's Spidey?
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I still think it's Spidey. Hell, he got hit by a speeding bullet train and it just made him collapse and wake up in a Dutch jail, which he easily broke out of. Unless Clint goes all Ronin on him, the arrows aren't going to cut it.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Spidey for sure. Hawkeye can plan and plot, but does he have an arrow that takes out spidey-sense? Peter is stronger, smarter, and faster. Clint's experience just isn't enough to overcome that.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Spiderman. I object to the two women being paired in the bracket but Wonder Woman, duh.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Phoebe wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:52 am Spiderman. I object to the two women being paired in the bracket but Wonder Woman, duh.
I do too. But the AI is a sexist apparently.

Mike has a point about the Spidey-sense and I hadn't thought about that. This is clearly a Spidey win. I'm making it official.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Current standings:

6. Thor vs. 11. Hulk

MATCH 2: #2Wonder Woman vs. #15 Black Widow
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Does Black Widow have any chance here? I mean, even if this is the non-flying version of Wonder Woman, I just don't see it. Whatever acrobatics, stun guns and superhero landings Black Widow can do- can't Wonder Woman do all those things better?
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Agree, Wonder Woman takes this one. As with Spider v Hawkeye, mutant/divine being will usually beat normie in head-to-head.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Spider-Man.
Wonder Woman.
Good.

Now let's take on a tough one...
Iron Man vs Deadpool

Each one wins if it's in their own comic. Although more likely each one loses in their own comic before figuring shit out to come back and win later.

Tony has the raw power, and potentially a bunch of extra suits under AI control. Wade can dodge almost anything and regenerate from most of what he can't.

I'm leaning Deadpool, but I'm on the fence.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Mutant beats normie. Tony’s money doesn’t make him a mutant. As much as I like Iron Man, I think Deadpool takes this one. But it’s close. Although Tony could have to use that device that suppresses Wade’s mutant regeneration abilities, and defeat him while he’s sick. Dishonorable, but maybe not beyond Tony.
Mike

Post by Mike »

That’s a tough one, since Iron Man and Deadpool are both incredibly powerful and have different sets of abilities. Iron Man has his high-tech suit that gives him unbelievable firepower and flight, while Deadpool has a unique healing factor that allows him to regenerate from almost any injury.

However, if we had to choose a winner, it would likely be Iron Man. While Deadpool is extremely skilled in hand-to-hand combat and has an arsenal of weapons, Iron Man’s suit is practically invincible and provides him with a nearly endless supply of high-tech weapons and gadgets. Additionally, Iron Man is a highly skilled engineer and strategist, which could give him the upper hand in a fight against Deadpool's chaotic fighting style.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I don't think Chat GPT knows what it's talking about.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I'm going Iron Man on this one because Deadpool is too erratic. Too dependent on the whims of the day. Tony would have him locked in a box before the sun sets.
Mike

Post by Mike »

What about Iron Man vs. alcohol?
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I’m starting to lean toward Iron Man as well.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

3/14 & 5/16, dislike both options intensely so who cares?

4, 6, 7, 8, love em both so why do this to me? Maybe have to go with Hulk and Black Panther. The others too difficult.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Iron Man wins!

Standings:
6. Thor vs. 11. Hulk

Okay, so now SUPERMAN VS. WOLVERINE!

I don't think this is much of a fight. Superman puts Wolverine into a bear hug, flies him into space and throws him in a random direction away from earth. End of fight, right?
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Yes, Superman wins this one.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Superman destroys Wolverine.

In fact, the problem here is that Superman is the guy to beat. The other matchups mean little (except that they're fun to discuss). Unless someone here is guaranteed to have kryptonite, then the only real possible contenders are Captain Marvel and Dr. Strange.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

There are different kinds of fights though. Like are they in the octagon or are they fighting in some other specific situation or way? What if it's an underwater fight? Or they're on top of a train? Probably somewhere on the internet a person has made a list of all the movies that feature fights on top of moving trains. I don't know why that particular thing so captures the imagination but it does. How much is psychic power part of this battle? Like if I can manipulate my enemy it's still part of the fight?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yeah, all that counts. Professor X can beat a lot of powerhouses simply because they have no defense against his psychic powers.

Not 100% sure, but I think Superman's only vulnerabilities are kryptonite and magic.