Free Britney

poorpete

Free Britney

Post by poorpete »

I see the backlash coming, or at least the second-guessing so just want to set some guidelines for the future

Just because Brittney deserves to be free doesn't mean she'll never make poor decisions or show no signs of mental illness

She might make weird comments. She might continue to put her sister or her father or her "enemies" on blast. She might need to check in to a clinic every now and then. That's something a lot of people are allowed to do.
Stan

Re: Free Britney

Post by Stan »

In terms of celebrity behavior, is she even in the bottom quartile? I'd say definitely not in the bottom decile. There are politicians and people on news shows who appear less stable. I don't recall Britney ever invoking others to violence, assaulting anyone, or raping anyone. Yet she is legally less of an adult than almost all of them.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

Her father wants $2 million to leave her conservatorship.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/01/entertai ... index.html
He is requesting approximately $2 million dollars to cover legal and management fees as well as payment for "continu[ing] to do my best to keep current regarding the music, advertising and entertainment business," as stated in a court filing from Aug. 12.

From the beginning I've known we the public can't know the whole truth, how much of the last decade was abuse/overreach and how much was sadly necessary, I may always have doubts, but I find his request telling.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Which would make him the first person to ever get paid for "continu[ing] to do my best to keep current regarding the music, advertising and entertainment business."

I do not like this individual.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I think it was helpful what you said above. The situation can be mixed. She might need lots of help and might have all kinds of problems, even though she shouldn't be controlled and exploited by her a****** dad, who really does seem like a colossal a******. Apparently he was also cheating on the mother and was a drug addict and divorced the mother long ago so it's not like anything was rosy in their world for a long time. Dad is an addict who won't take care of his family and Mom's solution is to put you in pageants and singing competitions and stuff. What a life.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

Free Brittney, the other one.

9 years for possessing drugs for personal use. What a crock. She's being used as a pawn and it's sick.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Yeah. When people think they want a "take charge" leader like Trump that doesn't necessarily follow rules to get to his goals, they don't realize that they're talking about a leader like Putin that has no humanity, honor or care for human life.

But that said, our president just took a victory lap celebrating the fact that he used a robot to assassinate a person.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Hopefully they make their prisoner swap deal. She always looks terrified in the pictures and I would be too. Awful.
FlameBlade

Post by FlameBlade »

But absolutely not for Viktor Bout...
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

A reminder
poorpete wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:43 amJust because Brittney deserves to be free doesn't mean she'll never make poor decisions or show no signs of mental illness

Also, good article on the other Brit https://www.newyorker.com/culture/perso ... ium=social
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

Both Brittney's now freed. I'm crying over this, very relieved, very sad she went through what she did

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/12/08 ... raine-news
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Very glad they released her, what a horrible ordeal she has suffered! Cannot imagine. The way they used her as a rhetorical target to stir up hate was also horrible. I would prefer to think it was just Russian bots leading the chorus of do the crime do the time that we saw afterward, but for some reason you have people who consider it more likely that Putin is a good old boy who would be friendly to our interests, than that she was unjustly imprisoned and used as a political tool.