Calendar

Mike

Calendar

Post by Mike »

Are we on this week? We were off Thanksgiving, so that would mean this week, right?

Someone should go get Pat.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Phoebe

Re: Calendar

Post by Phoebe »

I will do my best to be there but I'm in a difficult place at the moment. I might be there but still without my properly adjusted character sheet because I just don't see how I'm going to have time to sit in quiet in front of the computer doing anything other than work.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Well so far, the only answer is that Dave can't make it. So I guess we'll see what's up.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Well I don't want you to be down two fighters so I will do everything to be there, but maybe will have my kid rolling the dice and typing in his unique spelling, when my hands are full with something.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I'll be there to find out if Hal and Thor end up dying.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Pat says Thunderbirds are GO!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Tonight!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Not tonight, since DMDarcs is under the weather.
zen

Post by zen »

So... are we doing this week or next?
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

I was planning on next.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

That was my thought as well, in order to avoid conflicting with Christmas Eve in a couple weeks.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Also there's the fact of the utter breakdown of human functioning over here and total exhaustion and an impossibility of doing all the things in the 24-hour period available.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Tonight's the night!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Oh my goodness, so excited. I really don't have time to fix my character sheet because as soon as I get my computer back here in a minute I have to go straight back to work all day. But I am so happy this is coming soon.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Phoebe wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:06 pm Oh my goodness, so excited. I really don't have time to fix my character sheet because as soon as I get my computer back here in a minute I have to go straight back to work all day. But I am so happy this is coming soon.
Nice avatar!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

If we're playing tomorrow night, I may be a little late. My son may end up having his first swim meet of the season. We're not sure if it's that night, and if it is, whether it's home or away, and whether we'll have to work at it or are not allowed to attend. So basically there's a lot we don't know yet, other than something may happen, and it may happen tomorrow night.
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

The plan was still to play on the 30th, to avoid New Year's issues. Don't forget to update your character sheets!
zen

Post by zen »

Tahlvin wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:00 am If we're playing tomorrow night, I may be a little late. My son may end up having his first swim meet of the season. We're not sure if it's that night, and if it is, whether it's home or away, and whether we'll have to work at it or are not allowed to attend. So basically there's a lot we don't know yet, other than something may happen, and it may happen tomorrow night.
Sounds like they have impeccable organization for this event.

If I recall, tomorrow night, December 30th, was the plan for our next game night, though...
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

He has a meet, but it's an away meet, so I don't have to work. They are live streaming it, so I'll be able to watch from home and be done in plenty of time for tonight's game. And since he's old enough to drive himself now, I don't even need to worry about picking him up when they get back home!
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

Don;t forget, we game on Thursday! First session of the New Year, no Illian. What could possibly go wrong?
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I have a bottle of 12 year old Connemara Irish whiskey that I may crack open for the occasion! No pressure!
zen

Post by zen »

Tahlvin wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:26 pm I have a bottle of 12 year old Connemara Irish whiskey that I may crack open for the occasion! No pressure!
Have you figured out how to pour virtually? Because I SOOOOOO want a tall glass of that! I suppose I could go get my bottle of Tully...
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

zen wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:25 am
Tahlvin wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:26 pm I have a bottle of 12 year old Connemara Irish whiskey that I may crack open for the occasion! No pressure!
Have you figured out how to pour virtually? Because I SOOOOOO want a tall glass of that! I suppose I could go get my bottle of Tully...
Sorry, haven't figured that out yet. I can turn on my webcam, so you can watch me pour and drink. But you'll have to wait until the next time we are able to get together for GenCon to share some in person.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Good luck tonight, everyone!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

So Illian and Dwyn, you missed last night! We killed Karzoug, twice! Or rather, we attacked and dispelled two projections of him. When I shot the first one with an arrow, he had a look of surprise and pain on his face right before it dissipated, and all of us holding dominant weapons that we dipped in the fountain back in Runeforge felt a surge of hatred for him. Then we found another projection of him further down the hallway, which Hal stabbed with his sword.

Besides that, we found a room with a very strange, rune-covered door, where the runes seemed to wiggle when viewed with your peripheral vision. Dothan tried to read the runes, and those of us standing near the door were all transported to some maze dimension. We seemed to be stuck there until Thor aced an intelligence check, then we all popped back into the room. So of course, Dothan then tries to touch the door, and we were all transported back to the maze realm, and stayed there until Hal aced an intelligence check. Then Hal used his Use Magic Device skill to open the rune door. And that's where we stopped for the night.

So join us in 2 weeks and find out what is on the other side of the freaky rune door!
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Anyone suddenly feeling that these dominant weapons might not be the way to go? Like, we might be calling back all the other Runelords?

Anyway, good work, folks!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Nah. I've been having surges of hatred for Karzoug long before I dipped my bow in that fountain.
zen

Post by zen »

And might I say that the sequence where Hal used "Use Magic Device" to open the door, entirely done in a private conversation with Pat, while the rest of us were discussing both finishing for the night and possibly having Anna come over and cast "Dispel Magic" on the door as a final event for the night, was both ENTIRELY epic and extremely true to life! We were all focused on the normal, "get the Archanist to cast a spell to get past the magical trap" concept while Hal quietly figured out how the door worked and opened it by himself.

I realized, much later, that I probably could have used Ranged Legerdemain and Disable Device to get past it as well, since Disable Device is supposed to be able to disable magical traps, especially at the level I'm at and being an Archane Trickster... but we just get stuck in the same way of thinking... Bravo to Bill for thinking on his feet!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I am so sad that I missed all this awesomeness. I have to get in there and read the chat log or something. It's one of those things that is going to happen sometimes when you have kids, but I really wish it had not been this particular event.
😞
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I assume we are not playing tonight but this is the first opening I've had. Unfortunately next week I am 100% busy Thursday until about 11:00 p.m. Eastern. 😞
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Tonight's the night we find out what's behind the door! Me and my gimpy leg will be there!
zen

Post by zen »

I hope it's not a goat!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Not tomorrow, right? I hope not. I'm in bad shape. Next week though?
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Correct, not tonight.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

This is good. I might be okay by next week. Things are kind of okay here but also not really.
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

There is a chance that Thursday's game (2/11) may become cancelled. I am supposed to get my 2nd vaccine on the 10th, and all reports indicate that I will more than likely be knocked on my ass. I recently had some health issues, so I'll have to see how I am feeling.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Yeah for vaccine! Boo for side effects! No worries, you take care of yourself and your health first and foremost. Love you!
zen

Post by zen »

Here's hoping that Pat is one of the ones who didn't get knocked ass over tea kettle by dosage #2!
Mike

Post by Mike »

I saw him post elsewhere that he's glad he took a day off work. My Magic 8 Ball says, "Outlook not so good."
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

I think I am going to need to take tonight off. I am much better than I was this morning. I was in the hospital 2 days last week, so I'm trying to avoid having to see a doctor anytime again in the near future and take it easy tonight. Sorry all.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

No worries! Sending healing thoughts!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Very glad that you are vaccinated! Well worth it to wait a little longer for a healthy and happy and more covid-proofed DM!
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

Oh yeah, definitely needed yesterday off. I am at near peak efficiency today.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Yeah!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

So tonight's the night, isn't it?
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Is it tonight? I am busy until maybe after 10 eastern time - I will try to be done earlier if I can!
zen

Post by zen »

As far as we know, tonight it is.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Is tonight one of our night? I can probably do it. I will have to be doing some other things while it's going on but I can probably do it. I'm so behind at this point I need help to like get my character sheet up to date. I have all these thoughts about the RP part of it and I'm lagging at doing the numbers work on the G part of it.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Next week.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Tonight!