Calendar

Tahlvin

Re: Calendar

Post by Tahlvin »

Phoebe wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:14 pm I will try my best. Things are grim.
When things are at their grimmest, that's when you need to be your Dwyn-est! Join us, and we'll help chase the blues and give you a brief respite from reality!
bralbovsky

Post by bralbovsky »

Sunday night teaching overlaps our start time, otherwise, any other evening is ok.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Tahlvin wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:14 pm
Phoebe wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:14 pm I will try my best. Things are grim.
When things are at their grimmest, that's when you need to be your Dwyn-est! Join us, and we'll help chase the blues and give you a brief respite from reality!
OMG I missed this POETRY before!!! Lol it was so true!!
bralbovsky

Post by bralbovsky »

Next session? This week or next?
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

This week, then back to every other week (5/20, 6/3, etc.).
zen

Post by zen »

Tahlvin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:40 am This week, then back to every other week (5/20, 6/3, etc.).
So... the construction in my basement/home office area that I was concerned about disrupting my ability to be online last week is PROBABLY actually going to be happening tomorrow... FINALLY... so I will probably be able to play, but if the fumes are too bad I might have to leave early.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Tonight!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

We missed you, Dwyn! Just to bring you up to speed, we went back and tracked where the dead giants' corpses had been dragged, which led back to the one door we had bypassed before. Opening that door, we were faced with undead giants that had to be re-killed. Whilst fighting them, a door on one side of that room opened and a pair of nasty, blobby humanoid-ish creatures joined the fight. A round or so later, and another door opened and some centaur-like creature attacked from the other direction, with several more of said creatures waiting in that room to join the fight as well. So it appears we have found ourselves quite the little battle, which will be continued in two weeks. Hope you can join us then!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Thank you for the update, I feel bad to have missed it but there was no possible hope on Thursday. This week would be good but next week will probably be even better, let's hope. Last week we were busy all night and even then things didn't get solved.
Looking forward to battle!
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Don't worry, Illian has been wisdom drained and is making very important and decisive choices. Things will be fine.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Dothan is advising him.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

And Eldthor, Hal and Sam are all sitting back saying, "We are SOOO FFFFFF'ddddd!"
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Somehow this has not encouraged me about the upcoming session. I was all excited about it, I was ready to slay baddies. Is this going to be like one of those things with the monkey in the haunted house? Are we ever going to see Dothan cut loose and send in a whole bunch of magic monkeys at some point?
bralbovsky

Post by bralbovsky »

The good news is that this is a target rich environment.
More good news is that the targets are split into three chambers.
More good news is that the ones presently in our space have been injured.

The bad news is that the other chambers have been untouched.
and...one of the enemies is a toxic blob.

Some kind of wall of force or other delaying move would allow us to focus our considerable energies.
My Tactical concerns include that we really went into this a little haphazardly, mostly without the normal buff phase.
If there is some prevention or remedy for the potential enthrallment of a wisdom-compromised party member, that would be a good thing to prepare.

Otherwise, my expectations are that Thor will finish off the enemies in our chamber, and we might be able to hold the door closed long enough to buff and handle one side at a time. I'd absolutely recommend waiting for them to come to us rather than spreading ourselves thinner. If we can keep our heads, Dwyn's damage potential will make this a nasty but manageable fight, and a good lesson to be really careful and take our time as we approach our ultimate goal.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Is tonight our night? My understanding is that it is not tonight, which is good because I have a mountain of things to do. However, If it is tonight someone please call me!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Tonight!
zen

Post by zen »

There's a possibility that I might not be able to use my computer tonight because of the, hopefully, final bit of work being done in our basement today. If the sealant they use on the floor needs to be left to dry and not walked on, I won't be able to get to the computer. I'll let you guys know later.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Hoping to be there! May be late due to the endless end of school year insanity.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Work emergency may require touching every state computer in 20 counties. Maybe.

Last day of school tomorrow. Kids have to study for finals.

Maybe I'm playing tonight. Maybe I'm not. I hope it's the former.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Things are looking good for tonight!

I have to be awake at the ass-thirty tomorrow to combat the ongoing work crisis, but it'll be worth keeping Tahlvin hours if I get to play.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Yes! Join me in the sleepless society!
Mike

Post by Mike »

I don't know. Everyone says Tahlvin's a bad influence, but he just seems so... cool.

What's a guy to do?
zen

Post by zen »

I've got access to my computer...
Mike

Post by Mike »

zen wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:29 pm I've got access to my computer...
So you're saying we should catfish him and try to get his bank account information? I don't understand your plan.
bralbovsky

Post by bralbovsky »

So, next tomorrow, not this tomorrow, yes?
If I recall we just jumped back up to full strength and regained the upper hand, but a number of us are down wisdom, which means no spells for Hal, not sure who else is hampered by that.
Our question is whether to rest now or do the one remaining door. I'd suggest the former, maybe for long enough to be fully restored?
Is there some way to hide some of our mess?
I wouldn't want to touch the remains of the blob thing, but we might want to disappear all the giants (including the one way behind) and lamiae...
No sense allowing whomever to reanimate them. Not to mention it leaves a trail that might allow someone powerful to find us.
Regarding animation...is that something Sam can do and then undo so that they become totally inert? Not sure what the magic/ethics of this are.
At the very least we should collect all the weapons, even if we end up leaving them behind. I'd rather get hit by a giant fist than a giant sword.
What are the limits of prestidigitation, as far as disappearing our trail?
So far, I'm on for Thurs.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I believe the schedule is to play next Thursday, June 3, not tomorrow.

Depending on how the casters are situated, I'm fine checking a few more rooms before we stop to rest. And I certainly agree about getting rid of the bodies so they cannot be reanimated. Too bad that one machine that was a portal to an older version of Xin Shalast shut down, or we could have tried stuffing the bodies into that and sending them to a different time.
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

June 3, not May 27.

In Pathfinder, animating dead bodies is a clearly evil act.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I cannot attend on June 3, I'm sorry to miss it, but please feel free to NPC that Dwyn.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I will be returning from Minneapolis on Thursday. I cannot imagine I will be home in a timely fashion.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Party poopers.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I'm sorry I would so much rather be playing than driving out in the middle of God knows where in the dead of night! 😭😭😭
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Eh, I know. It's life. Anyone else unable to make this Thursday night? Should we cancel/postpone?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Actually, I screwed up on which week was what and something was scheduled for tomorrow night. :( Apologies, everyone.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Okay, we're going to be down at least three party members: the haste/songstress, one tank, and slicer/dicer. Do we cancel this week and wait for a week when more folks are available?
zen

Post by zen »

As mentioned on Messanger, I heartily agree with the sentiment of waiting until we have a more complete party to play.
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

I think postponing until next week makes sense.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Sorry about that everyone, I should be good for next week! Or rather this week! A few days from now!!!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Tonight!
Right?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Tonight!
zen

Post by zen »

Won't be like any night...
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I am planning to come but will be late and cognitively somewhat impaired for reasons I will explain when I get there. You may have to help me out with the thing a little.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

OK I'm making progress here and I'm hopeful that I will be ready in about 90-120 minutes. Working on it but it's really difficult.
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

Andrew won't be here tonight. Students delaying getting recordings to him and a power outage in town have necessitated that he continue video editing for the show that's supposed to go on tomorrow. Passing info along.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Hello, I'm sorry I couldn't make it - I was so slow getting things done yesterday and then couldn't handle anything else. I was hit in the head by accident while working in the yard and it's not going great.
bralbovsky

Post by bralbovsky »

Please take care of yourself
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Honestly still not going so hot. If it's still bad on Monday I will go to the doctor and they will put me in that tube and I really don't want to do it. But I give it 2 days to get better and if it doesn't then in I go. It just interferes with your normal activities because you start doing something and then you grow tired and get a headache or dizziness even when you normally would be able to keep going with a project for many hours. I did some work outside and completely taxed all my functioning. I took a trip to the grocery store or some idiot yelled sarcastically at me because I was wearing a mask, and the whole experience there and back just wore me out mentally. It's weird because going to the grocery store is not supposed to affect you cognitively in any way whatsoever. It shouldn't really be a mentally tiring experience.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Tonight, again, correct?
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

I think so? Mrs. Darcs reminded me earlier.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Tonight!
zen

Post by zen »

Tahlvin wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:08 amTonight!
Tonight!