[GtGPL/S1E19] Rollblocked

Kyle

[GtGPL/S1E19] Rollblocked

Post by Kyle »

Programming Note: For the longtime fans of GtGPL (we appreciate you!) please know that, due to scheduling issues and an internal reorganization of our parent company, GtGPL will now only be broadcast on weekdays. Thank you for being a good fan, and we hope this change will allow us to continue providing you with the highest quality GtGPL programming for many years to come.

Welcome to Season 1, Episode 19 of the running and very famous thread idea called: Guess the Garfield Punchline.

MAIN GAME: Here's how it works. I'll post a Garfield strip with the punchline missing. Everyone try to guess what it is. One guess per person. Whoever is closest wins a point. If no one is even close, then I'll announce that and everyone can get a new guess.

SECONDARY GAME: Post up the funniest punchline you can think of. Make sure you precede this guess with something like "Funny Guess:" or "Should be:" so I know it won't count against your guess for the main game. No points are awarded for the secondary game, but I think this will be the most fun part of it.

Today's cartoon:

Mike

Re: [GtGPL/S1E19] Rollblocked

Post by Mike »

PASS me a roll, Jon.

[I know "Hand me a roll" is a better line, but In my memory, I feel like the original line is actually "Pass me a roll, Jon", which always seemed wrong to me. Everytime I read it, I thought it was a bad choice, because pass can still mean throw, as in football. Or maybe that's just a thing I made up. But it feels real. I can't remember if there was a "please" on it, but I'm going for it.]
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I'd like to settle our bet. Give me the $5 and I don't murder the cat.
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

Funny guess:
Hand me a roll, you cat-loving bastard.
Reel on a repeating loop
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Akiva wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:14 am Funny guess:
Hand me a roll, you cat-loving bastard.
This made me laugh out loud while sitting alone in my office.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Mike nails it! And what a good memory. The only reason I included this is because I thought the punchline didn't make sense.