New Board Games played!

Mando

New Board Games played!

Post by Mando »

We played
Saboteur
Kind of like Werewolf only you are dwarves digging for gold
It's small, less expensive, quick, and fun...

expansions are also available

"Yay! I'm for the other team."
Kyle

Re: New Board Games played!

Post by Kyle »

We play Donner Party- which is very similar, but with simplified rules and tracking than the traditional Werewolf game, or the needlessly complicated ones that make you use a phone app. Donner Party is simple- some are cannibals and some of pioneers. Standard werewolf.

But his reminds me- I played Photosynthesis for the first time this weekend! It was awesome! It's a game where you plant trees and compete to grow the tallest/most trees while trying to shade out the other players as the sun rotates around the board. The rules are deceptively simple, but the strategy is not. I remember Mike discussing this on the podcast and talking about how much fun it was, but that he had the strategy figured out all wrong for his first game. That was my experience as well. I thought I'd want to occupy as much real estate as possible, but now I think it's smarter to grow big trees early to build up a bank of points to expand your Arbor Empire (a term I've just now decided to trademark, so don't use it or I'll sue you). Such a great game!