what do you want?

Mando

what do you want?

Post by Mando »

If you had the one game you have always wanted most, what would it be? EDIT: Excluding Godball which is the obvious answer for most people here.

For me...it would probably be...an old obscure RPG like Top Secrt or Gamma World...maybe a DnD Expert set.
Last edited by Mando on Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yay! I'm for the other team."
Eliahad

Re: what do you want?

Post by Eliahad »

Godball. In a box. With a publisher logo on it. :D
Mike

Post by Mike »

Eliahad wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:29 pm Godball. In a box. With a publisher logo on it. :D
I found my answer.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Mando

Post by Mando »

Bermuda Triangle game
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Eliahad wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:29 pm Godball. In a box. With a publisher logo on it. :D
Yessssssss
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I would like some sort of GO set that has no movable pieces that fall off. Like you touch something that changes color? But not on a screen - a physical tabletop game or portable game.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Phoebe wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:39 am I would like some sort of GO set that has no movable pieces that fall off. Like you touch something that changes color? But not on a screen - a physical tabletop game or portable game.
Like a resized version of Toss Across. Every space on the board is a rotating triangular prism.

Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

YES YES YESSSSS
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I'll be getting what I want in a few months: Cyan is releasing a PC VR version of Myst, due in Q3 2021.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I remember playing Myst when it originally came out. I never finished it, but got far. I played it again probably ten years later and got just as far and stopped. I think enough time has passed that I don't remember the puzzles.

Once of the best games ever. In VR it must be amazing.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

This reminds me - there used to be two really great games for Apple computers back in the deep dark ages when I had Apple computers. One was like Tetris but with hexagons that moved diagonally, and the other was kind of like Tetris except with chrysanthemum flowers and different kinds of flowers that came from all four directions to the center and had to be formed into certain specific formations. I keep thinking I'm going to find the phone app version of those or something but it doesn't exist, as far as I know. Basically I want a game with plants and flowers where you have to do something with them and it's kind of mindless, not like those terrible farming games but it would be okay if you had to grow them in some way - basically you have to make patterns with flowers. Or I would take a version of Alpaca World that didn't involve microscopically tiny alpacas and that did something more than butting heads again and again and again in the same few ways. Also it bothers me the way they classify the value of the alpacas by color because it's just wrong and it's screwed up and the breeding process - everything about it is wrong.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... vzfree_row

Plants vs. Zombies? It's kind of like gardening...
bralbovsky

Post by bralbovsky »

An updated version, maybe new episodes of Myth: Fallen Lords
Got it to run off abandonware for about ten minutes, and the narration was still chilling, and the environmental effects were still ahead of present day games. Gotta love a game that makes friendly fire make sense.
Mando

Post by Mando »

CLUE: Harry Potter Edition

The game board moves as play goes. I may have to get this from eBay since it is about $20
Stan

Post by Stan »

Mando wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:29 am CLUE: Harry Potter Edition

The game board moves as play goes. I may have to get this from eBay since it is about $20
I didn't know that existed. It looks in the same vein as D&D clue - same game with a few complications to make it more interesting but still not hard to learn. I'll keep my eye out for it.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

A version of Mousetrap that both worked and was exciting as advertised
Stan

Post by Stan »

poorpete wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:36 am A version of Mousetrap that both worked and was exciting as advertised
My wife remembered that most her friends had that game but, for some reason, never wanted to play it even though she thought it looked great. Only years later did she get a chance to understand the disappointment.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Tahlvin wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:02 pm I'll be getting what I want in a few months: Cyan is releasing a PC VR version of Myst, due in Q3 2021.
VR-version of Myst is out today on Steam! Yeah! It's already downloaded on our VR-equipped machine, so I'll give it a go after I stop working for the day.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I got to play it a little bit last night. I haven't played many VR games, so the navigation takes a little getting used to. But damn if it isn't awesome! I always loved the mood/atmosphere of the game, the graphics and music. Turn that into an immersive VR environment with improved graphics, and I'm in VR heaven!

In terms of game play, you have the option to play the same puzzles/solutions as the original game, or you can randomize the solutions so that you actually need to resolve the puzzles again (not quite as difficult as the first time you played through it, since you know the theory, but not as easy as just repeating the exact same solution). I'm playing through the original game during this first play through, because I want to spend most of my time focusing on the VR environment.

I realize Myst isn't for everyone. But if you liked the original, and you have a VR system available (or wanted an excuse to get one), then you might want to give this a try.
Mando

Post by Mando »

Stan wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:47 am
Mando wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:29 am CLUE: Harry Potter Edition

I didn't know that existed. It looks in the same vein as D&D clue - same game with a few complications to make it more interesting but still not hard to learn. I'll keep my eye out for it.
I got one! Used and it cost me $28
Also a DVD CLUE game that my youngest likes...it is an improvement on the classic. It takes dice rolling and walking so-many squares out of the equation.