Saturday afternoon one shots

Stan

Saturday afternoon one shots

Post by Stan »

I'm feeling the itch. I'm gonna start a new game group on Roll20, probably on Saturday afternoons. Due to reality, I'm going to run only one shots and mission based games so players can freely miss without impairing the game. It's gonna be a lots of 5e, ultralight games, and various stupid shit. All of you are invited if interested. Your kids too. If someone wants to run some one shots and share the GMing load, that would be even better. I hope to start mid January.

Warning: There will be teens playing. My 15 year old will be playing and maybe a couple of their friends.

The first few games are gonna be a series of related missions in 5e, write up below:

Imagine that the Spanish Armada was successful so Queen Elizabeth fled with all the treasure and people she could grab and left in every ship available for the New World. Now add to that the queen is an immortal sorceress and the new world is still feeling the effects of a magical apocalypse that took place two thousand years ago. You are a criminal in the Queen’s city seeking redemption through heroic and dangerous missions.

The city of Gloriana is gracious and does not execute all criminals. Some are put to work in the iron and coal mines. Some are branded and exiled; called the Lady’s Mark, the magic tattoo on the forehead cannot be hidden or removed except by the Queen’s Justice. You are one of a select and talented few of the Marked enrolled in a secret program. If you complete three missions for the Queen, your Mark will be removed, and you can return to a normal life.
Kyle

Re: Saturday afternoon one shots

Post by Kyle »

I won’t be able to make most sessions, but that sounds freaking awesome.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Sweet. I expect most people cannot make a game consistently which is why I'm trying a more open format.

Here's a file with more info. Only the first page is needed, the rest is optional.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Same. It's not often that I have a Saturday open, but when I do, this looks fun.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
zen

Post by zen »

I'll probably be able to give it a go. I'll see if my son is up for it as well. I've missed gaming with you!
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Does everyone remember when Stan used to be Nice?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Bah! Anarchist propaganda!
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

He was only nice for us, not in general! But I LOVE THE SETUP and SO WANT TO DO IT. I have two January Saturdays open. They are likely not to stay that way, or if they do, the fight against chaos here is real, but it's worth a try anyway! Keep us posted!
Stan

Post by Stan »

Would a weekday evening be easier to work with?
My kid already has a Sunday afternoon game so Sunday would be bad.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

What would be easier to work with is if I could just be an alone in a room for a year, but waiting for that to happen means not playing at all, so I say you go for it with whatever time is easiest for you.
Stan

Post by Stan »

I'm aiming for trying a session on January 9th. Warning, I won't be Nice.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I am afraid?
Stan

Post by Stan »

I have 2 probable players for January 9th. Let me know if any of you can make it.

For those of you with less time or less familiarity with 5e, I made a few pregens - I have Hero Lab and love making characters. Currently available are a human dex based dual wielder, a half-orc barbarian, a human face rogue, and a dwarven rogue with a level in sorcerer and some other magic from a birthmark. I can also build to spec if you have an idea what you want but don't wanna build it yourself.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I dig the idea of being a half orc barbarian. I can't give you a hundred percent promise yet, but three to four hours are very likely doable? What time frame are you thinking during the day or evening?

Edited: I found a better way of putting my statement, which is that I would enjoy playing any RPG with anyone here, but if I'm not otherwise Facebook friends with them even though I know them, then I don't want to play with them and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Easy test. The people who hate me can rest assured I hate them every bit as much.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Awesome!
I'm thinking of starting 2 or 3 pm Eastern. At this point, only people not from this group are my kid and a friend of theirs.
I'll send you a link for the barbarian character sheet.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Kids and friends are good! I hope it's okay if it's a melancholy barbarian. At a moment of soul searching, one still needs to smash things.
Stan

Post by Stan »

I'm gonna cancel this Saturday due the crazy week and I have only 2 confirmed players. Let me know if any of you can make the 16th.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Did you play again yesterday???? I have been in and out and busy all weekend and I'm afraid I missed it. 🥺
My life is screwing up my role playing.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Yea, and no one died. Stuff happens.