Public Servant Game Night!

Mike

Public Servant Game Night!

Post by Mike »

Yancey and I are hosting a game night for coworkers. He's an American Legion member, so we're renting the local Legion hall at a severe discount, we made up a bunch of fliers, and on the appointed night, we'll see how it goes. I've got racks and racks of games to share. I'm super excited.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Mike

Re: Public Servant Game Night!

Post by Mike »

A couple months ago, right about the time we first conceived of this, we got a memo from the governor declaring that state employees will no longer be referred to as "teammates" in internal documents. Instead we are now officially "public servants. The millennials found this to be demeaning and so we started a big joke about being servants.

Yancey suggested we invite people from all of the offices we work with (HHS, Labor, Vets administration, Revenue, etc). And so when it came time to make fliers, I thought it would be fun to call it Public Servant Game Night. And I designed a logo for us where the "Public Servant" portion is styled like our state logo from the website. I'm pretty proud of it.

The fliers looked good enough that one person I handed it to was convinced that the game night was just a prelude to trapping everyone in an hour-long presentation about joining the union.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

If I may suggest Donner Dinner Party. It plays up to 10 people and the rules are simple and fun. It's Secret Hitler without the stigma of having a game about Hitler. It's now our go to werewolf-variety game.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Nice! I have a week. I bet I can get that at Target. Otherwise I'll order it.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Target was sold out and the one I ordered didn't come in in time. So I'll play it next time.

We had a blast! In the end, it was only 10 of us, which is a fine start. I didn't play anything new, but I introduced people to new games and indulged them with some old favorites. It was really fantastic. The only thing missing was my wife having to work.We planned this months ago, and then we wound up having a college visit for Noah that falls on Saturday, and Lisa's mom moved their Easter dinner to this Sunday, so tonight was the only time she had for lesson plans.

But in the course of the evening, I played or facilitated:
Rhino Hero
Battle Sheep
Onitama
Lazer Ryderz
Hive
Oregon Trail
Santorini
Secret Hitler
Spyfall

The best!