[Pathfinder] Play By Post Chat GPT

Kyle

[Pathfinder] Play By Post Chat GPT

Post by Kyle »

Anyone interested in playing a Pathfinder adventure created by Chat GPT? We could play by post or online or whatever works for people.
Kyle

Re: [Pathfinder] Play By Post Chat GPT

Post by Kyle »

To be clear- NOT the adventure I posted in the Chat GPT thread, but that one was cool and inspired this idea.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I'm up for it.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I'm going to experiment with it and see what works best. I'm thinking of running a play-by-post on the boards that will be fully narrative. I'll describe the setting and what's happening and y'all can post publicly or send me what you want to do by PM if it's not for public consumption.

I'm also thinking it will be a modern day setting, with characters who are just normal people.

And I think that's all I'll say for now.

Who might want to play?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ill play
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I'm getting into another busy stretch and don't know if I'd have time to post every day... Otherwise it would be fun!
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I don't think it has to be an every day post thing. We'll move slowly at the pace everyone can manage.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

So I have two- maybe three?- players. Looking for one- maybe two? more.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I could do a sometimes thing.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Kyle wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:41 pm I'm also thinking it will be a modern day setting, with characters who are just normal people.
I can work within those guidelines, but if you ever reconsider your restrictions there, I was thinking of a really cool gnomish barbarian/actuary.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I so want to do this, though I prefer fantasy to normal, partly as I think it will make the AI responses more entertaining.
But I am not able until May. I would watch and see! Maybe later? Love the idea.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Okay- we can do it fantasy style. But it's still going to be narrative, and I'll only randomize in truly unique situations which I'll present to you.

I think we can go forward with three. So by this weekend if Mike, Tahlvin and Eli could just give me a basic outline/description of their characters- post publicly what's public, and send me a pm for anything not for public consumption (if anything). Then we'll try to get started this weekend.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Vague idea of the setting? Or does that come later?

And I was only joking about a barbarian/actuary. I'll take whatever you got.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Any ground rules? Particular PF version?
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

We’re doing high narrative, rules super light. So it doesn’t matter.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I can change this depending on what others want to play, but for right now I'm thinking of playing a young gnome wizard who is a bit of a scatterbrain.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Two ideas for me... both posted a long time ago and designed with PF1's hybrid class book.

The Widow - Undine Slayer
She's an undine (connected to the elemental plane of water) slayer (like a more deadly non-magical ranger). Hailing from the Riverlands, she is fiercely independent and intensely loyal to those who earn it. She's plied her trade as a sailor, tracker, and hunter up til now. Notable characteristics: dual cold iron military picks and a charisma of 7.

Snowfoot - Dhampir Shaman
Born an orphan and a daywalker, Snowfoot was raised by the village shaman and eventually became a shaman of the Life Spirit. Small and cowardly but surprisingly optimistic, Snowfoot has survived by stealing and by occasionally pedaling his healing skills. His constant companion is Omichi, a life spirit in the form of a snow rabbit. Notable characteristic: Snowfoot's own life force is negative energy, and ironically, he cannot heal himself. If we start with a couple levels, I'd have him with a negative-energy staff that he uses exclusively to heal himself, but it has limited charges, so he uses it sparingly.

I love both of these and already have them statted. I can go with either one with equal gusto.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

A human summoner...named Layden. Lauden's Eidolon has been around as long as they can remember, as it is their childhood imaginary friend. Lauden can see their Eidolon, converses regularly with their Eidolon, but no one else can without true seeing and/or blind sense.

The Eidolon, Sara, however, is willful and mischievous and gets Lauden in trouble often. Stealing things from the market and generally causing minor mayhem. Sara is a cat, of sorts, larger than most and with a pair of spiral striated horns that sweep back from behind her ears. Dogs, in particular, are bothered by her presence and will let their masters know, in no uncertain terms, aboud Sara's presence.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Sweet!

Three spellcasters. A scatterbrained gnome illusionist, a creepy undead healer, and that dork conjurer who's always talking to his invisible friend. And the three of them have made a pact to all get laid before the end of senior year!
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Oh...you haven't yet...wow. Um...I did, but it was with someone from Cheliax. You wouldn't know her.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Yeah- make yourselves level 4.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Okay, I definitely like three spellcasters. I had the AI create an adventure starter, and I'll be posting it up in a separate thread. We'll have an in-character and out-of-character thread.
Mike

Post by Mike »

My hero! Let me dig Snowfoot out of the archives and I'll adapt him to this game.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Again- this is almost all going to be narrative- so super rules lite and basically I'll allow whatever serves the game.
zen

Post by zen »

If you still have room for another player, I'd be interested. I've been a bit out of it recently due to family stuff, but things should be easier now. If not I'll just read along. I would probably dust off my werebearkin elemental monk/druid that I built for a campaign that never flew.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Next game- I've already got the AI set up for a party of three.
zen

Post by zen »

Got it! Looks interesting!