Bucket List

Phoebe

Bucket List

Post by Phoebe »

Do you have a bucket list? If so, what sorts of things are on it and what kind of list is it - i.e. a before-I-die kind of list? Or some other parameters?

I do not have such a list formally thought out but wonder if it might not be a good idea, given the limited window we have on earth. Also the bucket would only include things ON earth, like no trip to space is needed to complete it. I wonder about the desirability of an RV and also wonder if that is one of the terrible, ill-conceived cul-de-sacs of aging.
Mike

Re: Bucket List

Post by Mike »

I don't, but my wife maintains such a list. It has all kids of things, big and small, on it. A few years ago, we were headed to the Black Hills of South Dakota for a wedding and had an afternoon to kill before others arrived. On a whim, we looked up helicopter rides, and since we didn't have the whole fam with us, it was pretty affordable. So we saw Mt. Rushmore from a tiny bubble-copter. Lisa got to cross helicopter ride off he list.

Others are trips she wants to take, unusual foods to try, Broadway plays to see. Could be anything.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Kyle

Re: Bucket List

Post by Kyle »

Probably 30 years ago I started one, but I can't remember what's on it except for: visiting Mount Rushmore and climbing the Lighthouse on Nag's Head Island. I think I had other things, but I never wrote them down.

I think bucket lists are a little morbid. Instead I just like to do things I really want to do, with the understanding that those things will change over time. I don't really need to climb the lighthouse anymore. Instead, my family wants to go to a bunch of funky festivals around the state this year, which sounds awesome- so we're doing that. (We were supposed to go to the Mansfield St. Patrick's Day Pickle Parade this last weekend, but it was stormed out.)