Pharma Phrustration

Mando

Pharma Phrustration

Post by Mando »

Just venting a bit here...

New year with new insurance at work, which costs me 900/month, but I can afford it and lots have it worse, BUT the coverage is worse.

Now my daughter's ADHD meds are not covered and she desperately needs them...with a discount thats $450.00/month whereas last year they were $4.00/month all because insurance won't cover a brand name and they don't care how much I am paying.
There is a big difference in the name brand vs. generic because the timed release mechanism is patented making the change in medication HUGE for her...who is asenior in college as a biology major.

spent 2 hours in the parking lot on the phone trying to get my insurance company to help us out..so far...nuttin'

and thats just hers...all name brand meds are not covered...so now I am looking at 1900.00 just for 2 of my meds.

So frustrating...I would go to Canada or Mexico for them if I could....
"Yay! I'm for the other team."
Phoebe

Re: Pharma Phrustration

Post by Phoebe »

#$&&$#$?!!
That's obscene. One of my parents has a $1,400 medicine. Nothing you could do because of exactly the same thing: a time release mechanism the generic does not have.
For some reason it's important to us here to let people pay whatever can be extracted from them.
Tahlvin

Re: Pharma Phrustration

Post by Tahlvin »

I had an inhaler I've been using for years to prevent sinus polyps. Turns out the manufacturer decided to discontinue the inhaler at the end of 2023 because of some enforced price reduction that would have taken effect in 2024, and the replaced it with a very expensive name brand medication that's not on the formulary for the pharmacy benefit manager used by my insurance company. So now they have to figure out something to use as a replacement. Drug companies are assholes.