Check- up?

Mike

Check- up?

Post by Mike »

New knowledge. According to Google's use of the Oxford English Dictionary,

Checkup is a noun. I have to see my doctor for a checkup.
Check up is a verb phrase. She needs to check up on my medications.
Check-up is an adjective. I scheduled another check-up appointment with her for next May.

That really feels like some pointless bullshit.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Tahlvin

Re: Check- up?

Post by Tahlvin »

I had a checkup yesterday, where I got 3 shots (flu, COVID, pneumonia), gave blood, and had a foot x-ray to make sure I don't have a stress fracture (I don't, just some tendonitis from running). Slept like crap because both shoulders hurt from the shots and I'm a side sleeper, so I couldn't get comfortable.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I got my Covid and Flu a week and a half ago (Tahlvin- always schedule these on a Friday in case you have side-effects. What are you doing?). Fortunately no side-effects other than a mildly sore shoulder for two days. I've got an appointment with Dr. Vaclav Hruska overseeing it all. I guess he's my Czech up.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

What and ruin my weekend?! If I have to lay crying in bed I should at least get to miss some work over it. Come to think of it I better get in there quick for my shingles shot while I can still take advantage.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I tried to get my flu and COVID shots at a pharmacy a few weekends ago, but my insurance wouldn't cover it. So I had to wait until during my annual physical that had been scheduled months ago for a Monday morning. And I didn't even know that would happen until they asked me at the start of the visit, since whether they could do it depended on whether they had any doses in stock on any given day.

Several days later, the flu/COVID shoulder is fine and only really hurt for about 24 hours. But the shoulder that got the pneumonia shot is still sore as hell!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I don't think I've ever had the pneumonia shot - I want more shots and I don't know if I'm just not old enough to be eligible or if they're holding out on me. Although I must say one of the few times I felt bad about getting older was when they denied me the flu mist and I realized they think I'm such a weakling I can't take the flu mist now. The mist might be too strong for my old body! It made me want to lift more weights and that's still true. Think about this case again and again to get motivated.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I have asthma (very well controlled, as long as I take my preventive med), so I'm susceptible to pneumonia causing severe respiratory problems if I do catch it. And having been hospitalized once a long, long time ago because of pneumonia and asthma complications, I don't ever want to repeat that.