Murderbot's back!

Mike

Murderbot's back!

Post by Mike »

System Collapse by Martha Wells, a new Murderbot novel, will be available November 14th. I will read the shit out of it.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Tahlvin

Re: Murderbot's back!

Post by Tahlvin »

Already have it pre-ordered! Can't wait!
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Oooooooooooooooo!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

What do you think of her fantasy books? Probably this has come up elsewhere but I was not connecting it in my mind. Have never read these but I think I'll start and probably will do it by purchasing series for a kid or relative.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I've read a couple of her non-MurderBot series and they were pretty good.

The The Books of the Raksura series has a few things that may be a bit more on the mature side in terms of sex (nothing explicit), so may be more for teen and older.

The Ile-Rien-related books (here and here) were also good. For the first book (which is two separate books combined), one story is sort of a "3 Musketeers" vibe with magic added, while the second story is related and in the same world in more of a Victorian era. The second link is a trilogy that extends the story into an era with a WW1 vibe, if the Germans were invading Britain across dimensions.

I think I've posted some reviews of both of those series on a "what we're reading" thread somewhere on these boards. Although that may have been one of the prior iterations that broke down and went away.