Coach Prime

Phoebe

Coach Prime

Post by Phoebe »

I get that Coach prime has a very strong sense of self and is eager to share verbally how awesome he and his team are with others.
That said, listening to him go on is far more entertaining and comfortable then listening to grown white men and women talk about how he and/or his kids need their comeuppance. No, whyte people, no. If you find yourself angrily denouncing a black man because he's bragging too much for your taste and you think he needs to be knocked down a peg and humbled and made to grovel and put in his place and etc etc you need to take a moment and reflect on the nature of your words and sentiments. They emerge from a history and may be less independently achieved than you imagine. Insert for the "you" half the people I hear talking this month. Multiply all this times a thousand if you thought that players being injured on the field was part of that necessary and deserved comeuppance.
Kyle

Re: Coach Prime

Post by Kyle »

Love him. And I love how angry he makes white people. He doesn’t curse. He very devout. But he refuses to code switch for white people despite becoming successful and influential. And this is what angers white people. He doesn’t act like white people “proper.” Fuck all of them. Coach Prime is great and I want him to burn down the entire bullshit system white men built around college football.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

People saying they don't fear him because of Colorado's loss to Oregon... same people want to restrict the transfer portal rules because they know their players might choose to play for Colorado now. My only regret is that this is happening in Colorado, where football fans have long been fickle and s***** and rude/violent to others.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

I'm not necessarily rooting against him, but not a fan of pompous coaches in general, well all except Jim Boeheim who was a fixture since I was a kid. He is grandfathered in.

Fun fact, all of these organizations cheat, bend and break the rules, do things under the table, etc. I'm worried because of his style and outspokenness and that he can out-recruit, he'll be targeted by the NCAA and others to try to take him down. For white coaches, it's business as usual, if you're a Black coach, you're "asking for trouble." Sigh.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Follow up confirmation: yes to being a target now. What's sad is it probably cost them the last game. They blew their lead against Stanford with a spectacular collapse in play but even so, penalties at crucial junctures played a big part. Like Travis Hunter, back from the lacerated liver he arguably received because Colo. St. was targeting him, then getting a 15 yd penalty for PRAYING - there is no way you call out players kneeling off-field to pray after a score unless you're already pissed at them. Or same Travis drew a devastating personal foul on 3rd and long - the receiver punches him in the neck twice and draws no call, but Hunter's retaliation is really visible so gets the flag. Should have been offsetting at the least, but there were a few plays like that that decided the outcome.

Weeks of hearing people bitch about Colorado and rejoice in their supposedly deserved comeuppance have made me bitter. I have loathed Colorado's nasty football program and nasty fans for decades of my life and nobody cared; now let a famous outspoken Black man come in here and lead and people are freaking out. Go home you jerks, shut up. Especially the Stanford player who is blabbing online about how "good" triumphed over... over what exactly, buddy? What an a-hole - he thinks his poo is clean because he goes to a fancy college, so he's Good and Deion and his kids are Bad. Right....
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

To be clear, I think this is all race-based. It turns my stomach. And I know people wouldn't be using these barely-veiled code words if they were playing Notre Dame.