Pick my next book!

Kyle

Pick my next book!

Post by Kyle »

Hey everyone! I've just started a book, but need another one to read and I've got a couple credits built up on Audible. So you as a community should pick the next book I read!

Ground rules:

You can suggest as many titles as you want, within reason.

No self-help, child/juvenile audience books, joke/trivia books, religious-centric texts, propoganda, etc. It doesn't have to be fiction, but I'd prefer fiction. And I really want you to pick something you would enjoy yourself and think I will too.

I reserve the right to veto any choice that I deem to be a "punishment" book which is being suggested to torture me (i.e., the MyPillowGuy bio).

I will also veto any book I've read before.

I will veto anything I can't get on audible.

I will veto anything that I find offensive. For example, I understand there's historical value in Mein Kampf, but I won't read that.

After people have suggested several titles and I've culled out the vetoed choices (if any), then I'll compile the list and you as a community need to agree on what I read next.
Phoebe

Re: Pick my next book!

Post by Phoebe »

Spare by Harry?

Nahhhh here are some serious votes:
"The Lifeguards" by Amanda Eyre Ward
"Gratitude" by Oliver Sacks
"An Immense World" by Ed Yong

Because all of these three I started reading but haven't had time to pick up again due to having to read other books I desire to read much less. So if you read them I could live vicariously through you and also get a good review out of the deal.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore
https://www.nerdprideradio.com/babble/v ... 3429#p3429
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

Anne Leckie, Ancillary Justice
Reel on a repeating loop
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Oooooo! I like all these choices!
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Okay- I'm going to read Gratitude (very short) followed by Oona Out of Order. I'll be trying to read all the suggestions provided so far.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Yay, post reviews!! I will be reading the Ancillary Justice book - or rather, listening to it, if I can get quiet at some point in the next few years!