World Cup

Phoebe

World Cup

Post by Phoebe »

I love soccer so this is a good time when we can watch the World Cup matches. A lot of excitement has sprouted up already. I was not pleased that they were going to have the world Cup in Qatar. How could any player who was not heterosexual feel comfortable going there at all? We see that playing out now as they refuse to allow people (players, journalists, attendees) to wear any symbols that could be viewed as pro lgbtq. Morally deranged.
But even more morally deranged is that the head of FIFA seated the bonesaw prince of Saudi Arabia in the place of honor next to him. It's just about the money for these guys and always has been.
FIFA corrupt, SA corrupt, the whole thing corrupt.
Surprises also happening on the pitch as Saudi Arabia beats Argentina in one of the most unexpected upsets. For those who don't follow soccer I don't think it's too much to say it's one of the most unexpected upsets of all time, or at least of the last couple decades?
What the headlines aren't telling you about the match is that the referees called back no fewer than three of Argentina goals on the grounds that they were offsides. Luckily there are cameras for those things so we know the truth.
They also denied two more Argentina goals on grounds that they were saved ... inside the goal.
So when you watch the match or look at the stats and see that Argentina completely dominated the game in every possible way and took six successful shots on goal, you can then reconstruct how that turned into a 2-1 loss instead of a 6 to 2 win.