Weird Week

Akiva

Weird Week

Post by Akiva »

Had one of those milestone birthdays earlier in the week, so I've been reflecting more than usual about my life. Still overwhelmed with self-hatred much of the time, especially when I think about how much I've failed, but oddly it's been a pretty good week. Got a very nice birthday message from an old friend, which helped.

And my podcast seems to be doing pretty well.

So weird.
Reel on a repeating loop
Tahlvin

Re: Weird Week

Post by Tahlvin »

Glad it was a good week, and happy birthday belatedly! I've been listening to the podcast and am enjoying it!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Happy birthday! That is exciting about the podcast - can you post the link again? I have totally lost it.
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

The link is https://anchor.fm/paul-glenn

You can also get it from Apple Podcasts, Spotify, etc.
Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

Is it possible to get it on Stitcher, I didn't see it when I searched.
Had my 40th in quarantine and it was weird, i mean not a celebration, but it was kinda good that way. I both am excited and scared at marking these passages of time, and it was kinda relaxing to it getting a big shrug.
::cheers emoji::
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

My wife and I both had our 50th birthdays during the pandemic. Strange times.
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

poorpete wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:52 pm Is it possible to get it on Stitcher, I didn't see it when I searched.
Had my 40th in quarantine and it was weird, i mean not a celebration, but it was kinda good that way. I both am excited and scared at marking these passages of time, and it was kinda relaxing to it getting a big shrug.
::cheers emoji::
It isn't on Stitcher; I'll see if I can change that.
Reel on a repeating loop
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

Tahlvin wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:34 am My wife and I both had our 50th birthdays during the pandemic. Strange times.
Definitely.

And milestone birthdays suck.
Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

That's why it worked for me at least. I try to tell myself "it's just a number, it doesn't have any higher significance than any other year or day, I'm one day older not one year or one decade" and then to get a relatively low-key dinner at home, felt like the universe agreed. :-)
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

poorpete wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:29 am That's why it worked for me at least. I try to tell myself "it's just a number, it doesn't have any higher significance than any other year or day, I'm one day older not one year or one decade" and then to get a relatively low-key dinner at home, felt like the universe agreed. :-)
That sounds like my 50th last week.

I'm old.
Reel on a repeating loop
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

I *think* I got the podcast into Stitcher, but I'm not 100% sure. And it may take a while to appear there.
Reel on a repeating loop