Suggestion for My Next Audiobook

Kyle

Suggestion for My Next Audiobook

Post by Kyle »

I am really enjoying listening to Change of Seasons: A Memoir by John Oates. I think I'm going to try to find another autobiography of a "the other guy" musician. I'm open to suggestions.

I'm thinking of Wham! George Michael and Me: A Memoir by Andrew Ridgeley

But who else sounds interesting?
Phoebe

Re: Suggestion for My Next Audiobook

Post by Phoebe »

Can you get this as an audiobook?

I just think he's interesting, might have an amusing book. Whoa I did not expect it to show the whole book there what happened.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Yeah, but I’m not interested in the star right now. I’m fascinated with the person in the shadow of the star.
Stan

Post by Stan »

This would be an option, though it's mainly a picture book. By Jon Bermuda Schwartz.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Aha, I see! Stan's looks pretty promising in that regard. I like this one because of the phenomenal title - can you imagine a better title for just about anything? - but also because at least one of the songs he wrote is my favorite Who song, and it's amusing when you've got these great geniuses writing songs left and right and then one supporting dude pipes up and manages to outdo them with that one song he wrote.

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

There’s no audio book for Stans choice, so that’s out on that basis. But it’s not really the theme I’m going for.

Entwhistle is a great idea. I’m throwing that into the choice pool.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

It sounds interesting, but probably doesn't fit quite what you're looking for, but Dave Grohl has a book coming out in October. He was one of "the other guys" in Nirvana, but certainly cannot lay claim to that with his post-Nirvana work.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I'd be real interested in his book- not just for the Nirvana stuff either. He's a weird guy.