Amish Country Ransom

Phoebe

Re: Amish Country Ransom

Post by Phoebe »

Woods are overrated; we only like them now because they aren't as scary as they used to be for the distant ancestors. When it gets too scary then we don't like it anymore. Maybe that's what this book is really all about: you don't have what it takes to be Amish because there's too much woods in it for you.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Chapter 21

This chapter is stupid. It's all about Jathen talking to Other Lady-- remember, the one that the book HARDLY MENTIONED for the whole book-- about her back story, and something about amnesia, and something else about how she thought she was Amish but wasn't, and how that wouldn't have mattered anyways because her character is completely unconnected to the plot so I don't know why we even have this chapter in there.

Then Jathen go to the hospital to have their wounds cared for and as the reality actually sinks in that they're safe, they look longingly at each other and hug. Then they pull back, look longingly at each other some more and profess their love for each other. Then they hug again. End of chapter. Is that all the hawt Amish action we were lead to believe we were going to get here? They held hands once in the woods and then hugged twice? Boner killer.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER!

They get married.

The end.

Seriously. Super shitty epilogue.

Rose and Other Lady were the bridesmaids.

SARBros were the groomsmen.

The dogs were the flower girls.

Oh, Jathen finally kiss. I guess they were waiting for marriage.

Here's what really pisses me off. They didn't even get married in the woods.

Fuck this book.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Kyle wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:37 pm Rose and Other Lady were the bridesmaids.
SARBros were the groomsmen.
The dogs were the flower girls.
I hate this. It annoys me so much when workplace focused TV shows do this... important event happens in your life, and the ONLY people who show up for you... your only support system... is your coworkers.

And movies that do it are even more ludicrous, when your wedding party is somehow made up entirely of people who happened to be connected to that madcap adventure you had a year ago.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I mean, yeah, but I feel like we had a good time anyway.