Future of Gaming

Phoebe

Future of Gaming

Post by Phoebe »

Have been watching some of these videos to get a sense of the larger view that underlies current conflict over platforms and purchasing arrangements. I'm not big into this type of game but this is what all the young people I know are doing, especially in covid year - getting together with friends across different devices and platforms and deciding what game they want to go play together. Indeed they are doing this in my house right now. So they're using different communication methods and playing the same thing across multiple platforms, all converging in this game space. Eventually I assume it will be more of a VR space or vivid in new ways. The shared storytelling is a big part of it.

Anyway, I find it fascinating and everyone should do what this man says to make it happen. This is, like, a lovely vision of freedom in our future entertainment worlds and, as he points out, our political communications. It's not just gaming, it's an economy and a space of public discourse. I cannot really explain how enormous my crush on this man is, which is unfortunate but he is basically the BTS of my world or like the Beatles or Elvis were to the older ladies. This adorable living teddy bear and real-life Lorax is also the libertarian visionary guru we did not know we needed, and by we I mean me: