Scarlet Witch

Phoebe

Scarlet Witch

Post by Phoebe »

Why is Scarlet Witch sooooooo ridiculously powerful? And why would it be connected to Doctor Strange? I am concerned about this revisionist history plan for her.
Mike

Re: Scarlet Witch

Post by Mike »

Quick answer: she has been ridiculously powerful quite a lot in the comics. It's not out of character for her.

But beyond that, have you watched the show? Are you even talking about the show? What connection to Dr. Strange? I mean, they both use magic, and as this Earth's sorcerer supreme whose job it is to guard our reality, I imagine he would take an interest in such a powerful display of magic, but I'm just spitballing. I really don't know what you're asking about.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I don't know - my kid is all exercised about it. Scarlet Witch is his favorite. She can open up alternate real universes. This is god-level s***, but beyond the powers of gods like Thor and Loki; it's actual creator god level s***.

But apparently the true nature of the Infinity Stone has something to do with this. I don't know what the hell this means. I thought it had something to do with Wandivision. I don't even know what questions to ask; what are the relevant questions to ask? At least the kid picked a good one to be interested in.
Stan

Post by Stan »

There was a blurb somewhere online that the events of WandaVision are supposed to lead into the next Dr. Strange movie. As they have only one episode left, it's easy to believe that there will be dangling plot lines for the movie to solve.

From most recent episode:
There was an image in the infinity stone that was probably the scarlet witch. Maybe she found Wanda a suitable host and jumped out of the stone into Wanda giving her powers?

trivia: did you know that Agatha Harkness was the Fantastic Four's nanny for a time? Their kid is like unto a god.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Okay just CLOSE THIS THREAD DOWN I have finally come to the light that WANDA VISION and its associated thread is in fact SCARLET WITCH VISION. My god, the stupidity level is off the charts, and here Pete is like, duh, rap-ture. You guys, no. WANDA VISION. I had no idea that was why. Dum.
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

Possible spoilers ahead, so don't read my text if you don't want to be potentially spoiled for WandaVision up to episode 8. And possible spoilers for the future.

Wanda/Scarlet Witch is most likely the MCU's representation of a Nexus being. Nexus beings have the ability to alter probability and can thus divert the Universal Time Stream.

The episode 7 commercial references "Nexium", hinting that having to cope with reality may be tied into the Nexus.

Agatha Harkness mentions that Wanda was using probably hexes, a sign of potential Nexus being status. Agatha Harkness was also, in the comics, a mentor of Wanda and nanny of Franklin Richards - another Nexus being.

It has been stated that any potential offspring of Wanda would be Nexus beings.

Nexus beings are watched over by the Time Variance Authority. Loki will be joining this group in his series.

It is highly speculated that the "big bad" of Phase 4 will be Kang the Conqueror. He's also a Nexus being.

Of the main existing MCU characters, we know Doctor Strange has travelled to other dimensions. This may come into play as well.
Mike

Post by Mike »

All of which is key to getting Deadpool, Fantastic 4, X-Men and others into the MCU.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Message from the Scarlet Witch kid: "That's why there's a movie called multiverse of madness that's going to come. I knew a lot of these things but not all. I think Wanda's power is very extreme. If there are other Nexus beings, would they be able to create alternate universes? I'm not sure she can do it but it seems like she can. Does this mean she isn't more powerful than other Nexus beings? Maybe. That's BAD. Or maybe good if some Nexus beings are good people. Wanda just might go insane, So You Know, and get really angry and LOSE IT at some point, so if good Nexus beings could constrain those situations that would be helpful. She had to create a past in a parallel universe because everything for her was almost gone and the main villain of whatever's coming up soon could be her, or she is one of them. She became good but then will be driven out of her mind and lose control and yeah, become a villain again. Prediction, but another one might be the main villain. She's probably going to be good after all that. Wanda is an exception for going wild and being violent because she's had everything taken away from her. She tried to have a new life and be calm about things; then her new life died. Oh, did I mention her CITY died?! She may be a psychopath but you just can't call her bad; you can't say it's her fault. Because she has been trying to be good."

My dude, I cannot keep typing. He's still going. He loves Scarlet Witch Sooooooo much.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Phoebe wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:25 pm "She may be a psychopath but you just can't call her bad; you can't say it's her fault. Because she has been trying to be good."
Is he still talking about Scarlet Witch or someone else he knows? ;)
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Who Are The Options, STAN? Who? You have to read his comment in the most passionately urgent tones as well. I read DMDarcs suggestion to him. I don't think he stopped replying at all; I just went off to do a load of laundry by hand in the sink and missed the rest.