Jesus Wept

Kyle

Jesus Wept

Post by Kyle »

Donald Trump, a self-described "non-denominational Christiant" who doesn't belong to a church or regularly attend church, is now selling "God Bless the USA" Bibles. For $60.
“Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again. As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless the USA Bible,” Trump wrote, directing his supporters to a website selling the book for $59.99.

Besides a King James Version translation, it includes copies of the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence and the Pledge of Allegiance, as well as a handwritten chorus of the famous Greenwood song.
This is not what Jesus would do.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-god-bl ... efb1ca3003
Mando

Re: Jesus Wept

Post by Mando »

It turns out the AP was misleading.
He ENDORSED Lee Greenwood's “God Bless the USA” bibles. And $60 is cheap for a quality Bible however I have not seen one of these up close...but I don't want flags on mine, just the author's autograph :lol:

However if he did come out with a Bible commentary it would be comedy gold

“Really, this Jezebel broad? She’s the worst. Boo, Ahab. You married Hillary Clinton! And you’re not even Bill material. Actually, I apologize; Jezebel isn’t Hillary; I didn’t mean to insult her so much, because Jezebel didn’t fund that fake dossier! #witchhunt “ :lol:
"Yay! I'm for the other team."
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

He agreed to this licensing deal, that's all that matters. He is grotesque, period.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I think what’s most objectionable to me is the pairing of the word of Jesus to nationalism- which is something that is the antithesis to what he spoke. Not that Trump cares. He’s not even religious. He just pretends to be religious because it suits him. Although I guess that’s true of a lot of people.
Mike

Post by Mike »

100% the Jesus presented to us in the Gospels is (among other things) an anti-capitalist. Or would be if he were here now. He'd find a lot of things objectionable about the people who are most fervent about throwing his name around. Modern Pharisees.

[Name of my retro-new wave, post-punk string quartet... Modern Pharisees.]
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Also- I think Mando is wrong, I've read several articles talking about Trump getting a cut of the bibles. Sure he's endorsing them, but also profiting off of them.
Mike

Post by Mike »

That is what I also heard.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Washington Post was the first article to come up, and they also say Trump gets a cut.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Also religious groups that would not be able to donate to the political campaign apparently can purchase large quantities of Bibles and then he benefits. Sick.