Personalized Ads

poorpete

Personalized Ads

Post by poorpete »

What peculiar or demographically incorrect ads are you getting lately?

Me:

Dentures

Wigs

Bras for small breasts (I mean this is probably the closest, I'm probably an A cup)

Brown light overalls with big pockets fits all sizes
Phoebe

Re: Personalized Ads

Post by Phoebe »

Lol a cup! Or if they think your kids are old enough to need one that could be it?

My advertising profile apparently is "older African American lady with grown kids". At one point I looked at my Facebook cookies or whatever they call it, and there too I am an older African American woman. Lately I am frequently presented with a bra that was designed by some woman in her 60s and is supposedly extremely comfortable to older women worldwide! So, not the A cup but still bras! This horrible bra has snaps down the front. Snaps!

Lately I've been getting a lot of advertisements about roofing companies - could be due to hail storms which did not affect us, luckily. I am also constantly bombarded with some b******* from both Temu and shop HQ. I've never shopped at these places and probably never will.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Walk in bathtubs.

No shit, about three years ago I saw an ad on TV for a walk in bathtub and I thought, "How does that work?" So out of curiosity I googled it to figure out how they work. It wasn't very interesting. To this day I still get at least one ad a day on FB or google ads for walk in bathtubs.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I get the walk-in bathtub ads, as well, and I've never even googled them.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

Phoebe wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:00 pm Lol a cup! Or if they think your kids are old enough to need one that could be it?
Oooh, that's all a few years away but good point! I also listen to about the same amount of pop music as my daughter now. I guess This is how they square it with my old timey music listening too

I get t shirt ads with sometimes bro-ey slogans, but always the models are broad shouldered and tatted up
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

"Intermittent Fasting for Seniors 65+"
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Lollll I get this one all the time!!!! Sometimes it compares each age group to an animal which is always very entertaining.
Mando

Post by Mando »

my youtube ads are in Spanish
"Yay! I'm for the other team."
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

"I'm That Grandma" hoodie