Guess the Proper English Gentleman Lyric

Mike

Re: Guess the Proper English Gentleman Lyric

Post by Mike »

This ode is dedicated to the gentlemen with the formidable sound systems, convertible tops lowered, air conditioning with the most advanced cooling mechanisms. When he enters the establishment, he makes a striking impression, possessing substantial wealth as though he were diligently saving.

He is remarkable, genuine, possibly on the verge of securing a contract. He uncorks champagne and possesses an impeccable physique. He is cool, exceptional, possibly involved in dubious trades, perpetually airborne, yet never relegated to economy class.

He is an extraordinary character, captain of his own vessel. When he makes a grand gesture, I reward him with a kiss. Such is the gentleman I have been in search of, and indeed, you shall be reprimanded if you behave improperly.

I remarked, "Pardon me, you are quite the extraordinary fellow, I must say, my my my, you soar like a pelican. You are delightfully reserved, and I admire your tie. You possess more finesse than the gentleman with the eyepatch, oh."

Yes, indeed I did; someone kindly inform him of my identity. I am [singer], I captivate these gentlemen, secure luxury cars, and bid farewell with elegance.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Mike wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:30 pm I got Baby Got Back right away, but both of Phoebe's stumped me. I suspected the first one was Material Girl, but none of the lyrics lined up without the one verse I could remember. Turns out, if you ask the AI what popular song this is, it is very good at that. It WAS Material Girl. And it says the other one is Irreplaceable by Beyonce. I'm taking it's word for that, because I didn't know such a song existed.

And THAT is definitely cheating.
OMG! I used chat GPT for this and if you used chat GPT then it lied, presumably knowing exactly where it got those lyrics... Did it try to trick you so that you couldn't cheat?! It gave you the wrong songs!

But I will say you are in the right department generally. Women singers. I'm not in the place where I can look it up again right now but if it doesn't come to you I will give a different verse and that will help. The first one I thought would be super easy from the start... If you read that first couple lines out loud a few times I think you'll get it.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Mike wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:45 pm Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

Your proper English gentleman is way better than mine lately. What prompt are you using?
I use facebook and say, "Say the following like a Proper English Gentleman: '(quote)'"
Mike

Post by Mike »

I just had ChatGPT warn me that my latest lyric translation request may be a violation of its Terms of Use or Usage Policy. It then gave me a great translation of the entire song. Then it repeated its warning.

Now I can see it, but it doesn't let me copy the text or export it. I know I could retype the whole thing or else just screenshot it, but all that seems like too much. I will, however, leave you with the best bit, where it told me that I would need a bucket and a mop for this amorous overflow.

Amorous Overflow, by the way, is the name of my new band. I'm the token male member and we do upbeat rock rants about the patriarchy.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Lollll amorous overflow!
I need to know what it said about parking the mack truck in the little garage.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I wish you to park that sizable truck in this modest garage.