Chat GPT Choose Your Own Adventure.

Mike

Re: Chat GPT Choose Your Own Adventure.

Post by Mike »

Make it so.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

You decide to destroy the artifact with your sword. You know that powerful ancient artifacts can be dangerous and may fall into the wrong hands if left unchecked. You approach the artifact and strike it with your sword, shattering it into pieces.

As you do this, you hear a loud, ominous roar. You realize that you have angered one of the ancient gods, who has now been awakened from its slumber. You know that you must leave the realm as soon as possible.

Do you:

1. Try to find a way out of the realm quickly.
2. Stay and face the ancient god, hoping to reason with it.

Type in either "1" or "2" to make your choice.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I'm kind of hoping for a reasonable ancient god. Sure, they might sound angry now, but also, they've never played Candy Crush before. Who knows what wonders the world might hold for them if they just tried to be present for once. Amirite?
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I'm on the fence, but I kind of want to try to reason with it just so we can see it.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I think it ends badly, but if you two want to try to reason with it, let's give it a whirl.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

You decide to stay and face the ancient god, hoping to reason with it. You know that the ancient gods can be unpredictable and dangerous, but you feel that there may be a chance to avoid a confrontation.

You try to communicate with the ancient god, speaking in a calm and respectful tone. The god seems to listen, and you feel a sense of relief. However, suddenly, the god lashes out with a bolt of lightning.

You manage to dodge the attack, but you know that you cannot reason with the ancient god any longer. You prepare to fight.

Do you:

1. Use your sword and fight the ancient god head-on.
2. Try to evade the god's attacks and look for a weakness to exploit.

So I can't hold a laser gun on a witch, but now I have no choice but to fight an ancient god.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Mike

Post by Mike »

Clearly 2.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

You decide to try to evade the god's attacks and look for a weakness to exploit. You swiftly move around, dodging the god's powerful strikes and searching for any vulnerability.

As you observe the ancient god, you notice a pattern in its attacks. It seems to be momentarily vulnerable after unleashing a particularly strong attack. You take advantage of this opening to strike, aiming for its exposed weak point.

With a well-timed and precise strike, you manage to weaken the ancient god. It roars in pain and fury, but you don't relent. You continue to exploit its vulnerabilities, gradually wearing it down.

Finally, after a grueling battle, the ancient god collapses, defeated. You catch your breath, feeling a mix of exhaustion and triumph. With the ancient god defeated, the realm begins to dissipate, and you find yourself back in the forest where your journey began.

You reflect on the extraordinary adventure you've had and the lessons you've learned. You decide to make your way back home, carrying the memories and experiences with you.

Congratulations on completing the Choose Your Own Adventure story! Feel free to replay and explore different paths and outcomes.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

And… scene!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Can we replay the same story with different choices? Like, if we make the same choices initially, will it follow the same path until we diverge?

I don't really want to replay this scenario, but I AM curious.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I'll see.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Kyle wrote:I want to replay the adventure from the first choice.
Chat GPT wrote:Certainly! Let's start again.

You find yourself in a dark forest. The only light comes from the moon shining through the trees. As you look around, you notice a path leading in two directions. Which way do you choose?

1. Follow the path to the left.
2. Follow the path to the right.

Kyle wrote:1.
Chat GPT wrote:You decide to follow the path to the left. As you walk along the path, the forest becomes denser, and you feel a sense of tranquility surrounding you. The air is crisp, and you can hear the gentle rustling of leaves above you.

As you continue, you stumble upon a small stream cutting across the path. The water looks clear and inviting. Do you:

1. Bend down to drink from the stream.
2. Follow the stream to see where it leads.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Sure, 1.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

You decide to bend down and drink from the stream. As you cup your hands and bring the cool water to your lips, you feel refreshed and rejuvenated. The water tastes pure and invigorating.

After quenching your thirst, you notice a colorful wildflower growing by the stream's edge. Its vibrant petals catch your eye. Do you:

1. Pick the wildflower and keep it as a memento.
2. Admire the wildflower but leave it undisturbed.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Yeah- I was leaning for that too. It seems like a lot of the choices we're given are "1. Interact? or 2. Move on." This seems different.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

We were wrong.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

You decide to admire the wildflower but leave it undisturbed. You appreciate its beauty in its natural setting and choose to let it continue blooming undisturbed by human interference.

As you continue along the path, the forest gradually opens up into a small clearing. In the center of the clearing, you spot a wooden bench bathed in dappled sunlight. It seems like the perfect spot to take a break. Do you:

1. Sit on the bench and rest for a while.
2. Continue walking without taking a break.

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

This choice seems like the "Grumpy Old Men Choose Your Own Adventure."

I say we sit.
Mike

Post by Mike »

1! 1!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

1!
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

You decide to sit on the bench and rest for a while. As you take a seat, you feel the warmth of the sun on your face, and a gentle breeze rustles the leaves around you. It's a peaceful and serene moment.

As you sit there, you notice a small notebook tucked beneath the bench. Curiosity piques your interest. Do you:

1. Pick up the notebook and read its contents.
2. Leave the notebook undisturbed and continue your journey.

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I mean, I know the answer to this one. But I'll wait for y'all to give input.
Mike

Post by Mike »

1!
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

You decide to pick up the notebook and read its contents. Opening it carefully, you discover that it's a journal filled with handwritten entries. The pages are filled with stories, thoughts, and musings of the person who once owned it.

As you delve into the journal, you become captivated by the writer's experiences and perspectives. Their words paint vivid pictures of their adventures, hopes, and dreams. It's as if you're discovering a window into another person's life.

Do you:

1. Continue reading the journal, engrossed in its stories.
2. Put the journal back where you found it and continue your journey.

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

So I think this is really illustrative of how this "AI" cheats to try to hide its strings. You pick up the notebook and it explains that... it's a journal! Oh shit! A journal! My mind races with what this means!

But the AI won't give me that. Mostly because I think it can't. Instead, it very eloquently explains what a journal is. And then in the next paragraph, it very eloquently provides a generalized description of how someone would react to any journal they read.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

1!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

You decide to continue reading the journal, unable to resist the captivating stories and experiences it holds. Page after page, you immerse yourself in the writer's world, feeling a sense of connection and understanding.

As you read, you come across an entry that mentions a hidden treasure located deep within the forest. It describes a series of clues leading to its whereabouts. The prospect of embarking on a treasure hunt fills you with excitement and curiosity.

Do you:

1. Follow the clues and search for the hidden treasure.
2. Close the journal and continue your journey without pursuing the treasure.

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Treasure! Treasure! Treasure!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Treasure.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

You decide to follow the clues and embark on the search for the hidden treasure described in the journal. With a renewed sense of adventure, you carefully note down the clues mentioned in the entry and set off deeper into the forest.

Following the first clue, you come across an old, moss-covered tree with a distinct mark carved into its trunk. It matches the description in the journal. Excitement builds within you as you realize you're on the right track.

As you progress through the forest, deciphering each clue and navigating the terrain, you encounter challenges and obstacles along the way. It requires your wit and resourcefulness to overcome them.

Finally, after an arduous journey, you reach the designated spot marked by the final clue. Digging into the soft earth, you uncover a hidden chest. With trembling hands, you open it to reveal a trove of sparkling gems and ancient artifacts.

Do you:

1. Take the treasure and carry it with you on your journey.
2. Leave the treasure behind, satisfied with the adventure and memories you've gained.

Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Tough one. I vote 1.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Me too.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

You decide to take the treasure and carry it with you on your journey. The glimmering gems and ancient artifacts fill your hands, and you feel a sense of accomplishment and wonder. You carefully secure the treasure, making sure it's safe and protected.

With the treasure in your possession, you continue your journey through the forest. The weight of the treasure reminds you of the responsibility it holds. You contemplate what you will do with it once you return home.

As you make your way back, you reflect on the adventures and experiences you've had in the forest. The treasure serves as a tangible reminder of the memories you've gained and the personal growth you've undergone.

Upon reaching the edge of the forest, you bid farewell to the trees that have become familiar companions. The sunlight bathes your face as you step out into the world beyond.

Do you:

1. Head back home, eager to share your tales and decide the fate of the treasure.
2. Embark on a new journey, carrying the lessons and treasures of the forest with you.

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

You see how it seems like it's describing something deep about your feelings and experiences, but in reality it's just saying "You experience things" without actually describing those experiences.

I imagine this is what it's like talking with Tony Robbins.

I vote for 1.
Mike

Post by Mike »

1 for sure.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

You decide to head back home, eager to share your tales and decide the fate of the treasure. The thought of recounting your adventures and showing the treasure to others fills you with anticipation.

As you make your way back, you navigate familiar paths and landmarks, each step bringing you closer to the comforts of home. The treasure, securely tucked away, serves as a constant reminder of the extraordinary journey you've undertaken.

Upon returning home, you gather your friends and loved ones, eager to share your tales of the forest and the discovery of the hidden treasure. They listen with awe and excitement, captivated by your adventures.

Together, you discuss the significance of the treasure and its potential impact. After much deliberation, you decide to use a portion of the treasure for community projects and charitable endeavors, ensuring that its value benefits others.

The memory of your journey and the lessons learned from the forest stay with you forever. You cherish the connections you've made and the experiences that have shaped you.

Congratulations on completing the Choose Your Own Adventure story once again! Feel free to replay and explore different paths and outcomes in the future.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I think I'm going to try another one, but give it more input on the theme/genre I want.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

As you progress through the forest, deciphering each clue and navigating the terrain, you encounter challenges and obstacles along the way. It requires your wit and resourcefulness to overcome them.
Yes, AI, that's where you're supposed to provide the details about what challenges and obstacles we encountered, let us make choices, and either summarily kill us or let us move on. But instead, you just wrapped it all up in a bow and yelled, Voila!
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Tahlvin wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:00 pm
Yes, AI, that's where you're supposed to provide the details about what challenges and obstacles we encountered, let us make choices, and either summarily kill us or let us move on. But instead, you just wrapped it all up in a bow and yelled, Voila!
It's such a cheat, right? It's not telling us anything meaningful, but it's telling us that nothing in such a meaningful tone.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Right. If I were a teacher, and this thing drafted papers for some of my students, I'd go crazy reading through the inanity.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Tahlvin wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:06 pm Right. If I were a teacher, and this thing drafted papers for some of my students, I'd go crazy reading through the inanity.
The American Revolution was a revolution that affected many people in significant ways that have lasting impacts on the people today. Even in modern times people still feel the effects of the American Revolution as a result of the actions taken by the early colonists in the American Revolution. Even though it was a hard-fought and difficult revolution, the people that started the American Revolution experienced great difficulties and obstacles, but overcame those difficulties and obstacles to achieve the American Revolution.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

To be clear, I just made that up. But on rereading it, it looks like I went to Chat GPT and asked it to tell me about the American Revolution.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

That would be an F.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Tahlvin wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:18 pm That would be an F.
F for Fascist- WHICH IS THE TYPE OF TEACHER YOU ARE!

Mr. Hauze is way cooler than you, dude!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Tahlvin wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:06 pm Right. If I were a teacher, and this thing drafted papers for some of my students, I'd go crazy reading through the inanity.
Essays and papers for school are much easier to write, because they follow a stricter formula and require less creativity. And for most high school topics, there's already tons of examples to work from. I asked it to write standard five-paragraph papers and it does pretty well.

For example, an assignment Noah had last year was: In the novel Of Mice and Men, was George a good friend to Lenny? Write a five paragraph persuasive essay explaining why or why not. include at least three quotes from the book to support your point.

So I went to Bing and gave just the bare bones: "Write a five paragraph essay arguing that George is not a good friend to Lenny in Of Mice and Men. include at least three quotes from the book."

It only gave me four paragraphs, blending the intro paragraph into the first point, but I imagine a couple follow up prompts would help flesh it out nicely.
In John Steinbeck's novel "Of Mice and Men," George is not a good friend to Lennie. George is often impatient with Lennie and sometimes even cruel. For example, when Lennie forgets things that George has told him, George gets angry and yells at him. "Jesus Christ, Lennie! You can’t remember nothing that happens, but you remember ever’ word I say," George says¹.

George also takes advantage of Lennie's mental disability. He knows that Lennie is dependent on him and uses this to control him. "I got you to look after me, and you got me to look after you," George tells Lennie¹. This statement shows that George is aware of the power dynamic between them and uses it to his advantage.

Furthermore, George does not always have Lennie's best interests at heart. When Candy offers to help them buy their own farm, George does not want Lennie to come along because he knows that Lennie will ruin their chances of getting the farm. "I ain't sure it's good," George says. "I don't know nothing that stinks as bad as an old dog. You can't keep a job and you lose me ever' job I get. Jus' keep me shovin' all over the country all the time" ². This quote shows that George is willing to leave Lennie behind if it means he can achieve his own goals.

In conclusion, George is not a good friend to Lennie in "Of Mice and Men." He is often impatient with him, takes advantage of his mental disability, and does not always have his best interests at heart. These actions show that George is not a true friend to Lennie.

¹: [10 ‘Of Mice and Men’ Quotes to Celebrate Your Epic Friendships](https://www.bing.com/search?q=Of+Mice+a ... hip+quotes)
²: [Male Friendship Theme in Of Mice and Men | LitCharts](https://www.litcharts.com/lit/of-mice-a ... friendship)

Source: Conversation with Bing, 5/12/2023
(1) 10 'Of Mice and Men' Quotes to Celebrate Your Epic Friendships. https://bing.com/search?q=Of+Mice+and+M ... hip+quotes.
(2) George And Lennie Friendship Quotes - 350 Words | Bartleby. https://www.bartleby.com/essay/George-A ... PJV9DVZL5V.
(3) Male Friendship Theme in Of Mice and Men | LitCharts. https://www.litcharts.com/lit/of-mice-a ... friendship.
(4) Of Mice and Men Quotes by John Steinbeck - Goodreads. https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/4 ... ce-and-men.
(5) Of Mice and Men Essential Quotes by Theme: Friendship - eNotes.com. https://www.enotes.com/topics/of-mice-a ... friendship.
(6) George and Lennie's Relationship Quotes Flashcards | Quizlet. https://quizlet.com/gb/275864456/george ... ash-cards/.
And the converse: "Write a five paragraph essay arguing that George is a good friend to Lenny in Of Mice and Men. include at least three quotes from the book."
In John Steinbeck's novel "Of Mice and Men," George is a good friend to Lennie. George is patient with Lennie and takes care of him. For example, when Lennie forgets things that George has told him, George does not get angry. Instead, he reminds Lennie of what he has forgotten. "I ain't taking it away just for meanness," George says. "That mouse ain't fresh, Lennie; and besides you've broke it pettin' it. You get another mouse that's fresh and I'll let you keep it a little while" ¹.

George also looks out for Lennie's safety. When Curley attacks Lennie, George tells him to fight back. "Get him, Lennie! Don't let him do it!" George says². This quote shows that George is willing to put himself in danger to protect Lennie.

Furthermore, George is always there for Lennie when he needs him. When Lennie gets scared or upset, George comforts him. "It's gonna be all right, jus' feel right here an' over there an' over there," George says³. This quote shows that George is not only a good friend but also a caregiver to Lennie.

In conclusion, George is a good friend to Lennie in "Of Mice and Men." He is patient with him, looks out for his safety, and is always there for him when he needs him. These actions show that George is a true friend to Lennie.

¹: [10 ‘Of Mice and Men’ Quotes to Celebrate Your Epic Friendships](https://www.bing.com/search?q=Of+Mice+a ... hip+quotes)
²: [Male Friendship Theme in Of Mice and Men | LitCharts](https://www.litcharts.com/lit/of-mice-a ... friendship)
³: [Of Mice and Men Essential Quotes by Theme: Friendship - eNotes.com](https://www.enotes.com/topics/of-mice-a ... friendship)

Source: Conversation with Bing, 5/12/2023
(1) 10 'Of Mice and Men' Quotes to Celebrate Your Epic Friendships. https://bing.com/search?q=Of+Mice+and+M ... hip+quotes.
(2) George And Lennie Friendship Quotes - 350 Words | Bartleby. https://www.bartleby.com/essay/George-A ... PJV9DVZL5V.
(3) Male Friendship Theme in Of Mice and Men | LitCharts. https://www.litcharts.com/lit/of-mice-a ... friendship.
(4) Of Mice and Men Quotes by John Steinbeck - Goodreads. https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/4 ... ce-and-men.
(5) Of Mice and Men Essential Quotes by Theme: Friendship - eNotes.com. https://www.enotes.com/topics/of-mice-a ... friendship.
(6) George and Lennie's Relationship Quotes Flashcards | Quizlet. https://quizlet.com/gb/275864456/george ... ash-cards/.
I mean, I'm not trusting it to write my college papers yet. At least not until I have a better grasp on wrangling the AI, but for Sophomore English, I think you could get a solid B out of this without too much work.