Episode 309- Uninformed Strong Opinions

Kyle

Episode 309- Uninformed Strong Opinions

Post by Kyle »

[Mike- Please edit this with your show notes and link]
Kyle

Re: Episode 309- Uninformed Strong Opinions

Post by Kyle »

Mike and Aidan were particularly funny this episode, but the line of the night goes to Lisa for reminding us that going to Jupiter will make you stupider. Holy shit. I laughed pretty hard at that.

With respect to the discussion of slavery in video games, I want to point out that you're both a little off base- or at least missing the bigger point. In games where you assume total control of a character, such as Skyrim or Monster Humper (I've never played it), it's not just the NPCs or companions that you are forcing into slavery or servitude (it is them), but the real slave is the "character" that you've assumed total control over. It's almost the ultimate form of depraved servitude, right? You don't just tell your "character" what to do and when to do it- you assume absolute control over everything about their lives, squashing any ounce of free will or thought the character could have. Aidan- how many times have you forced a character in Skyrim to go adventuring/fighting/exploring for days on end without a single break or chance to sleep? Indeed, you probably have characters that you've forced into brutal combat for many days, if not weeks, who you wouldn't even allow a chance to have an opportunity to eat- instead just forcing them to swallow giant wheels of cheese and dozens of heads of cabbage without stopping. You've not just robbed these characters of free will, you've robbed them of their humanity.

Shame.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Also- why did Mike not read his Listener Betrayal? What am I going to all this effort for?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Oh no! How did I miss you?
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Also- edit my first post.
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

Hey! I just got to this podcast a couple of days ago, so here's my Kingdom Hearts summary as requested:

Sora, a character from a Final Fantasy like world, along with a few of his FF-style friends, learns that there are multiple worlds. When his world is destroyed by an encroaching evil darkness, he meets up with various characters (primarily Goofy and Donald) as they travel to multiple other worlds. With the power of friendship, they fight back the forces of evil and learn the true value of friendship.
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

Oh, and Aidan, your nerd card is revoked. R.O.B. was a peripheral for the NES, not the SNES.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

DMDarcs wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:57 pm Oh, and Aidan, your nerd card is revoked. R.O.B. was a peripheral for the NES, not the SNES.
I forgot to bring this up. Seconded.