Episode 323- E 10

Kyle

Episode 323- E 10

Post by Kyle »

What a show the guys have pulled out for you. First, Mike was wrong… TWICE! Then Mike pulls a surprise friend John out of his hat before the guys regale you with their amazing trip to see the musical Cats! Aidan unloads maybe a half-dozen items onto the Gaming Table, and then it’s R2 time! R2 delivers 5 all-new, listener-submitted questions on the Pod-O-Matic before the guys wrap up with chickens vs orangutans in a very fun Listener Betrayal. Yes, this is the episode that will make you wonder where we’ve been all your life. So don’t miss out on a single second of the best thing that’s ever happened to you! Listen now!

http://www.nerdprideradio.com/podcasts/NPR323.mp3
Mike

Re: Episode 323- E 10

Post by Mike »

Hey... Thanks! When I post up on Sunday, I set it on delay to not drop the episode until Monday. And then I forget to update here the next day. Thank goodness for Kyle.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I may be the organized one, but I'm also someone who is working 60+ hours a week right now, so I'm afraid I will not be able to plan your NerdPrideCon for you.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Does anyone else think Aidan was trying to hard to "make fetch happen" with his constant and gratuitous references to "glassing this planet"? Kudos to Mike for not giving in and asking him what the hell he was talking about.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Tahlvin wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:08 am I may be the organized one, but I'm also someone who is working 60+ hours a week right now, so I'm afraid I will not be able to plan your NerdPrideCon for you.
Your name's already on the letterhead! We sent out fliers! Business cards! Your sudden resignation has ruined us! And sadly, Tahlvin is the only one who can get us out of this mess. OH! The irony!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Kyle wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:57 am Does anyone else think Aidan was trying to hard to "make fetch happen" with his constant and gratuitous references to "glassing this planet"? Kudos to Mike for not giving in and asking him what the hell he was talking about.
I gathered it from context.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Mike wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:47 pm
Tahlvin wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:08 am I may be the organized one, but I'm also someone who is working 60+ hours a week right now, so I'm afraid I will not be able to plan your NerdPrideCon for you.
Your name's already on the letterhead! We sent out fliers! Business cards! Your sudden resignation has ruined us! And sadly, Tahlvin is the only one who can get us out of this mess. OH! The irony!
And hey! When we had our corporate team-building week back in June, why did you sign up to be the head of the organizing committee? I have the sign up sheet right here, Tahlvin. Was it all lies? Can we no longer let you participate in the trust fall?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Hey, Aidan, can you back off on the 'if you think (or watch or do) ________ you're an idiot/loser/some other defacing comment" say about, 10 percent? Maybe 15% Thanks.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I had a whole thing about judging people based on the things that they watch. But I deleted it because I think I'm just grumpy.

But the Warhammer thing...does your friend paint these miniatures? Have you seen some of the works of art that are created by people who do? And then you started talking about the video games that are coming out, and I'm really curious as to how much you have spent on videogames in the last two to sixth months? I imagine you're going to make the argument that you'll say "but you get continued enjoyment out of these videogames." How many hours are you up to in Skyrim anyway, or is that old news now? And you're up to thousands of hours in another game?

What about the joy this person is feeling from creation, of putting something together and creating a thing?

If I'm missing your point. That's because you buried it under easy jokes and punching down. Please stop it. You're better than this. Raise your hand a little higher, please.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I think part of what Aidan's doing is just the 20-something rant schtick. It's the same thing he did with the people that watch formulaic procedurals. It's just an age/point of view thing. My problem with it isn't that I find it offensive or judgmental, it's just not funny. He can make good jokes about Warhammer players and I'll appreciate those- he just didn't do it in this episode.

Personally I find Aidan hilarious, but he's young and (I think) still finding his voice on some things.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, Aidan can be super hilarious. He just needs to raise his jokes a little higher and I need about 17 more hours of sleep.
Mando

Post by Mando »

Aidan is clearly a milk drinker.
"Yay! I'm for the other team."