Episode 317 - Al Gore Rhythms

Mike

Episode 317 - Al Gore Rhythms

Post by Mike »

Whoo! Mike reviews a couple books on the Nerd Pride Book Report. Then Aidan takes over the show for a little more of your favorite game: My Friend John. Then Aidan has some Nerd Rage over old Nintendo transphobia. Plus a couple more Aidan segments before they get to trying out some international candy. On the Pod-O-Matic, R2 rolls out a few all-new, listener-submitted questions that finally put to rest how many crazed second graders it takes to take out a nerd podcast host. This is the most fun the guys have had recording a podcast in a while, so you’re sure to enjoy it even more, but only if you act now! Get on it!

Nerd Pride Radio, Episode 317 - Al Gore Rhythms
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Mando

Re: Episode 317 - Al Gore Rhythms

Post by Mando »

I'd buy that for a dollar!
"Yay! I'm for the other team."
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Elf is hilarious and a classic. But I get being tired of Will Ferrell.

Adam Sandler can be one of the most obnoxious actors (Hubie's Halloween, Water Boy-- all those baby talk movies). But when he's serious, he's so damn good. He should have won the Oscar for Uncut Gems. It's a hard watch but a great movie. And he's amazing in it.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Also- in Listener Betrayal, Mike asked for our best Dad Joke, and Aidan ask for new jobs.

I only saw the texts an hour after they were sent and panicked that I wasn't going to get in a response on time. So to Aidan (which I thought was asking for a joke) I sent my best anti-joke: "What do you call a black guy on the moon. An astronaut, Aidan. You call him an astronaut." and to Mike I sent some blather about a fishing trip I took.

Listening to episode, I just sound racist. And y'all sounded confused like you didn't know what to do with it, and thought I was racist too. So (being polite) you just moved on without commenting.

I appreciate that.

But I'm not racist! It was an anti-joke! It was supposed to be read with all the jokes! It wasn't supposed to be read in the context of what can we do to get unemployed people working!
Mando

Post by Mando »

Sorry, Kyle...sounds like you woke up as me for a day.
"Yay! I'm for the other team."
Cazmonster

Post by Cazmonster »

I'm at 18:30 in the new episode and I am certain that the John in question is John Shaft.
Cazmonster

Post by Cazmonster »

Squinkles - I am so sad that bad-candy.com no longer loads. They went on, at length, about how awful tamarind candy is.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Bad Candy instilled a truly unreasonable fear of tamarind in me.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.